Repeat after the tutor.
- Would you be quiet?
- Would you try again?
- Would you forgive me?
- Would you marry me?
- Would you come here?
- Would you delete this file?
- Would you check my homework?
- Would you fix my phone?
- Would you use our service?
- Would you wake me up?
- Would you have dinner with me?
- Would you sit with me?
- Would you take a picture for us?
- Would he sacrifice himself for us?
- Would they hire me?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|card||(n) a piece of thick, stiff paper or thin pasteboard
e.g.Would you give her the card?
|cat||(n) a small domesticated carnivorous mammal with soft fur, a short snout, and retractile claws
e.g. Would you like to pet the cat?
|date||(n) a social or romantic appointment or engagement
e.g. Would you like to go on a date with me?
|dinner||(n) the main meal of the day, taken either around midday or in the evening.
e.g. Would you learn how to make food for dinner?
|eat||(v) put (food) into the mouth and chew and swallow it.
e.g. Would you prefer to eat lunch now, or later?
|exit||(n) a way out, especially of a public building, room, or passenger vehicle.
e.g. Would you kindly move towards the exit?
e.g. Would you buy drops for my eye infection?
|floor||(n) the lower surface of a room, on which one may walk.
e.g. Would you sweep the floor before guests come over?
|gold||(n) a yellow precious metal
e.g. Would you like to buy a gold ring for your engagement?h
|hate||(v) feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).
e.g. Would you hate someone that you didn’t know?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- for / me / will / go / you / the / store / to
- ever / lie / would / to / me / you
- for / message / email / you / would / this / me
- the / exit / you / theme / orderly / park / will / fashion / in / an
- money / for / extra / would / sell / your / would / you / gold
- Correct the following sentences.
- Would you ever gone on date with him?
- Wood you have thought we would get a penguin?
- Would you go to Canada from Christmas?
- Would you like piece for this pie?
- Would you remember where to going?
- Answer the following questions.
- Would you rather have a big house, or lots of money for travelling?
- Would you rather eat only apples for the rest of your life, or only pears for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather have a cat or a dog?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would you do if a ghost appeared in your house right now? Write a paragraph about it.
- Practice: imagine you were asking someone on a date and practice writing a conversation. Ask questions like ‘would you like to go..’ and ‘would you like to eat…’