Repeat after the tutor.
- Are you going to call me at 6:30?
- Are you going to leave tomorrow?
- Are you going to visit your mother today?
- Are you going to find a new job?
- Are we going to stay here?
- Are we going to arrest him?
- Are they going to fire Jake soon?
- Are they going to hire more people?
- Is she going to go shopping?
- Is he going to move to New York soon?
- Is Ella going to live in Canada next year?
- Isn’t he going to cancel the meeting today?
- Aren’t you going to study today?
- Aren’t you going to eat this bread?
- Aren’t you going to go home soon?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|cancel||(v) to stop doing or planning to do (something)
e.g. We canceled our dinner reservation.
|arrest||(v) to use the power of the law to take and keep (someone, such as a criminal)
e.g. The police arrested him on drug charges.
|fire||(n) the light and heat and especially the flame produced by burning
e.g. Stay away from the fire.
|hire||(v) to give work or a job to (someone) in exchange for wages or a salary
e.g. We hired someone to clean the office once a week.
|plan||(v) to think about and arrange the parts or details of (something) before it happens or is made
e.g. We are busy planning the party.
|great||(v) very enjoyable, favorable, etc; excellent
e.g. “How was the movie?” “It was (really) great!”
|memory||(n) something that is remembered
e.g. We have pleasant memories of the trip.
|minute||(n) a unit of time equal to 60 seconds
e.g. Bake the cake for 25–30 minutes.
|amount||(n) a quantity of something
e.g. Be sure to add the right amount of salt.
|stretch||(v) to make (something) wider or longer by pulling it
e.g. Carefully stretch the dough.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- someday / Are / visit / going to / us / ? / you
- going to / a new job / Are / you / find / ?
- New York / Is / ? / move / to / he / soon / going to
- ? / home / you / go / going to / soon / Aren’t
- hire / people / Are /? / going to / they / more
- Correct the following sentences.
- Aren’t you going to eating this bread?
- Are we go to stay here?
- Is she going to go shop?
- Is he going to canceled the meeting today?
- Is you going to call me on 6:30?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are you going to do after Cambly lesson?
- Are you going to visit the US?
- Are you going to wake up at 6 am tomorrow?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What are some activities you planned for the next month? Write one sentence for each activity.
- Write a paragraph about your morning routine tomorrow. What are 3 things that you want to accomplish in the morning?