Repeat after the tutor.
- Are you going on a business trip next week?
- Are you taking the test tomorrow?
- Are you staying here for 3 days?
- Are you coming back on Thursday?
- Are they attending the seminar tonight?
- Is she arriving at 5?
- Is she moving to Italy next week?
- Is she getting married next year?
- Is she visiting her employees tomorrow?
- Isn’t he bringing his computer?
- Isn’t she doing something tomorrow?
- Isn’t he attending the meeting today?
- Aren’t we having a meeting today?
- Aren’t we watching the musical this weekend?
- What time are you going to school?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|hill||(n) A naturally raised area of land, not as high or craggy as a mountain
e.g. Are you going to walk over that hill?
|heart||(n) The hollow muscular organ that is the center of the circulatory system
e.g. Are you going to get surgery for your heart disease?
|ice||(n) The solid form of water, produced by freezing
e.g. Is she skating on the ice of the frozen river?
|journey||(n) An act of traveling from one place to another.
e.g. Are you going to pack a big lunch for your journey?
|library||(n) A place where books, magazines, and other materials (such as videos and musical recordings) are available for people to use or borrow.
e.g. Are you borrowing that book from the library?
|(n) Letters, packages, etc., that are sent or delivered by means of the postal system
e.g. Is she expecting a letter in the mail?
|march||(v) To walk or proceed with stately or regular steps, usually in a procession or military formation
e.g. Are the soldiers marching towards the capital city?
|night||(n) The period of darkness in each twenty-four hours; the time from sunset to sunrise.
e.g. Are you planning on being outside when it’s night?
|oil||(n) Any of numerous greasy usually liquid substances from plant, animal, or mineral sources that do not dissolve in water
e.g. Is she filling up the car with oil before she returns?
|pencil||(n) An instrument for writing or drawing, consisting of a thin stick of graphite or a similar substance enclosed in a long thin piece.
e.g. Are you writing your essay with a pencil?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- train / the / home / you / are / taking .
- the / marathon / you / training / are / for .
- on / getting / is / planning / she / getting / on / married .
- for / job / applying / is / he / a .
- a / now / playing / is / soccer / he / for / living .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Isn’t she visit her parents tomorrow?
- Is she cooking a meals for everyone?
- Are they preparing for the test tomorow?
- Are they thinking of move to a new town?
- Are he watching the hockey game?
- Answer the following questions.
- Are you planning on taking a vacation in the coming months? Where are you going?
- Are you thinking of starting a new book? Which one?
- Are you trying a new thing? What is it?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What are 5 things you are planning on doing this week? Write a few sentences about them.
- Write a paragraph about your New Year’s resolutions. What are 3 things you are going to improve this year?