Repeat after the tutor.
- Can you help me?
- Can you swim fast?
- Can you be quiet?
- Can she join us?
- Can you memorize this?
- Can I use your phone?
- Can you move your car?
- Can he drive a tuck?
- Can we use this chair?
- Can you dance like me?
- Can you write in English?
- Can you cook for me?
- Can you do that for me?
- Can he sing for us?
- Can I take a picture with you?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|actor||(n) a person whose profession is acting on the stage, in movies, or on television
e.g. can you get the actor‘s autograph?
|battle||(n) a hostile encounter or engagement between opposing military forces
e.g. can you make sure no soldiers die in this battle?
|chief||(n) a leader or ruler of a people or clan
e.g. can you see if the chief’s decision is final?
|clothes||(n) items worn to cover the body.
e.g. can you buy new clothes to wear for your new job?
|goal||(n) the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
e.g. Can you achieve your goal of getting into law school?
|honor||(v) to regard with great respect.
e.g. Can you honor this soldier with a ceremony or medal?
|injure||(v) do physical harm or damage to (someone).
e.g. Can you stop putting yourself in danger before you injure yourself?
|kill||(v) cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing).
e.g. Can you calm down before you kill him?
|life||(n) the period between birth and death, or the experience or state of being alive
e.g. Can you set goals to best live your life?
|loss||(v) the fact or process of losing something or someone.
e.g. Can you prevent the loss of profits for our company?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- the / you / chores / can / help / i / with
- the / can / question / suspect / I
- this / recover / loss / can / from / she
- to / actor / me / the / introduce / can / you
- can / prevent / battle / in / loss / this / you / a
- Correct the following sentences.
- Can we buy new clothe?
- Can they help us move too our new home?
- Can you ask the chief if him is ready to start the meeting?
- Can you helped with the laundry?
- Can I leaves work after lunch?
- Answer the following questions.
- Can you think of another language you would like to learn?
- Can you whistle?
- Can you snap your fingers?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Write a paragraph about something positive you have done today. What are five things you can do to improve tomorrow?
- New Year’s Resolution! What goals did you set this year? Can you talk about which ones you kept and which ones you didn’t?