Repeat after the tutor.
- What is this?
- What are you doing?
- What are you reading?
- What are you watching?
- What are you explaining now?
- What are you going to do now?
- What are they practicing?
- What is he moving?
- What were you discussing?
- What do you make?
- What do you like?
- What do you have?
- What did she see?
- What did you do?
- What can you do?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|about||(preposition) of; concerning; in regard to
e.g. What have you been thinking about today?
|bank||(n) an organization where people and businesses can invest or borrow money
e.g. What kind of account do you have at your bank?
|bed||(n) a piece of furniture for sleep or rest
e.g. What color blanket would you like for your bed?
|bird||(n) a creature with feathers and wings. Female birds lay eggs. Most birds can fly
e.g. What kind of bird do you see in the sky?
|boat||(n) a small vessel propelled on water by oars, sails, or an engine.
e.g. What kind of boat will you need for your voyage?
|color||(n)a quality such as red, blue, green, yellow, etc., that you see when you look at something
e.g. What color is that painting?
|blue||(n) of a color intermediate between green and violet, as of the sky or sea on a sunny day.
e.g. What shade of blue is the sky today?
|green||(v) of the color between blue and yellow in the spectrum; colored like grass or emeralds.
e.g. What shade of green should we paint this wall?
|group||(v) a number of people or things that are located close together or are considered or classed together.
e.g. What game should we play to get the group talking?
|hope||(v) a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
e.g. What can you say that will give me hope?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- for / making / are / you / what / dinner?
- to / tonight / wear / what / are / going / you
- this / what / food / sort / eat / you / of / can / eat / restaurant / at
- to / eat / like / what / you / do
- feathers / animal / has / what
- Correct the following sentences.
- What do you call a animal with scales?
- What car do you has?
- What house would you like too own?
- What do you look four in a potential partner?
- What are the five sense?
- Answer the following questions.
- What color are your eyes?
- What is your age?
- What are your goals for the coming year?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What objects are on the desk beside you right now? Describe them in a paragraph.
- Think of the 5 most important ‘what’ questions you would want to ask somebody while on a date. Write out a conversation.