Repeat after the tutor.
- When are you going to eat?
- When are you going to study?
- When are you going to visit her?
- When are they going to finish it?
- When is he going to work in New York?
- When do you go to work?
- When does he come back?
- When did I say that?
- When did you notice it?
- When did you realize it?
- When did you buy this?
- When did you lose your credit card?
- When did we meet?
- When did she help you?
- When can I see you?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|nothing||(pronoun) indicating the absence of something
e.g. when did you realize there was nothing romantic between us?
|name||(n) a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.
e.g. when should I ask for the pretty girl’s name?
|orange||(n) a round juicy citrus fruit with a tough bright reddish-yellow rind.
e.g. when will the weather be right to pick the oranges?
|page||(n) one side of a printed or written sheet of paper
e.g. when did you remove a page from my book?
|part||(n) a portion or division of a whole that is separate or distinct
e.g. when did you cut out part of that photograph?
|parent||(n) a father or mother.
e.g. when did you find out you were going to become a parent and have a child?
|quick||(adj) moving fast or doing something in a short time.
e.g. when did you move so quickly to the other side of the room?
|raid||(n) a sudden attack on an enemy by troops, aircraft, or other armed forces in warfare
e.g. when did the raid occur this morning?
|second||(number) cconstituting number two in a sequence; coming after the first in time or order; 2nd.
e.g. when did the second place racer finish?
|test||(n) A procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something
e.g. When will we have to write the test?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- did / realize / she / not / was / when / there / you
- time/ the / ate / when / dog / the / was / last
- come / night / last / when / you / did / home
- did / when / oranges / you / these / buy
- meet / when / him / you / did
- Correct the following sentences.
- When is she leaving for she’s trip?
- When are they going too have a baby?
- When will you quit you’re job?
- When were the last time you kissed someone?
- When did you take out a trash?
- Answer the following questions.
- When was the last time you went on a vacation?
- When was the last time you indulged in a dessert?
- When did you last finish a book?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- When did you first start school? Write a paragraph about the first day.
- Family time: when you see a family member for a holiday dinner, think of 5 ‘when’ questions you usually ask them. Write them down so you can ask them in English next time!