Repeat after the tutor.
- How do you think he is going to convince her?
- How do you think I feel?
- How do you think I make money?
- How do you think I manage this?
- How do you think he knows you?
- How do you think we save money?
- How do you think he found me?
- How do you think she fixed her laptop?
- How do you think she remembered my face?
- How do you think we won the game?
- How do you think I can memorize this formula?
- How do you think you can improve your English?
- How do you think she can pass this test?
- How do you think we can catch him?
- How do you think we can solve this problem?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Parachute||(n) a device for slowing the descent of a person or object through the air that consists of a fabric canopy beneath which the person or object is suspended
e.g. How do you think I open this parachute?
|Pass||(v) go past or across; leave behind or on one side in proceeding
e.g. How do you think I pass around that car?
|Queen||(n) the female ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth
e.g. How do you think she will look when she is crowned Queen?
|Quick||(adj) moving fast or doing something in a short time
e.g. How do you think she arrived so quick?
|Quits||(adj) people stopping, especially because a debt or score has been settled
e.g. How do you think they ended up calling it quits?
|Reach||(v) stretch out an arm in a specified direction in order to touch or grasp something
e.g. How do you think I should reach for the top shelf?
|Reason||(n) a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event
e.g. How do you think she decided the reason was legitimate?
|Reduce||(v) make smaller or less in amount, degree, or size
e.g. How do you think we can reduce our electrical bills this month?
|Selection||(n) the action or fact of carefully choosing someone or something as being the best or most suitable
e.g. How do you think the selection process will work?
|Series||(n) a number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another
e.g. How do you think the series of books will be written?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- do / won / contest / you / think / I / how / the
- get / school / think / to / how / I / you / do
- do / will / me / they / how / think / about / feel / you
- think / you / do / drink / how / takes / she / her
- you / our / is / think / do / how / dog / doing
- Correct the following sentences.
- How do you think we should renovating our kitchen?
- How do you think she should be approaching him?
- How do you thinking your grandmother will react?
- How do you think our kids will be behave?
- How do you think I feeling?
- Answer the following questions.
- How do you think is the best way to save money?
- How do you think is the best way to exercise?
- How do you think is a good way to start your morning?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- How do you think is a good way to celebrate the New Year? Write a paragraph about what you did last New Years Eve.
- Imagine: Imagine you were trying a get around a new city. What are three ‘how do you think’ questions you would ask a tourist help desk to help discover new things?