Repeat after the tutor.
- Who do you think I am helping?
- Who do you think they are cooperating with?
- Who do you think I admire?
- Who do you think I want to help?
- Who do you think she wants to hire?
- Who do you think they want?
- Who do you think I called?
- Who do you think I studied with?
- Who do you think she worked with?
- Who do you think he attacked?
- Who do you think they chose?
- Who do you think I don’t trust?
- Who do you think I can eat with?
- Who do you think they can ask?
- Who do you think she should give up?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Capital||(n) the most important city or town of a country or region, usually its seat of government and administrative center
e.g. Who do you think lives in the capital city?
|Chain||(n) a connected flexible series of metal links used for fastening or securing objects and pulling or supporting loads.
e.g. Who do you think broke the chain on my bike?
|Cloth||(n) woven or felted fabric made from wool, cotton, or a similar fiber
e.g. Who do you think created the cloth bag that you carry?
|Declare||(v) say something in a solemn and emphatic manner
e.g. Who do you think will declare the winner of the race?
|Deploy||(v) move (troops or equipment) into position for military action
e.g. Who do you think will choose to deploy our troops?
|Direct||(adj) extending or moving from one place to another by the shortest way without changing direction or stopping
e.g. Who do you think will issue a direct order?
|Elect||(v) choose (someone) to hold public office or some other position by voting
e.g. Who do you think we should elect president?
|Empty||(adj) containing nothing; not filled or occupied
e.g. Who do you think we should choose to fill the empty position?
|Fall||(v) move downward, typically rapidly and freely without control, from a higher to a lower level
e.g. Who do you think think will fall off the cliff?
|Father||(n) a man in relation to his natural child or children
e.g. Who do you think is this girl’s father?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- who / should / to / do / think / I / speak / you
- chose / you / her / she / partner / do / think / who / as
- they / you / do / should / who / select / think
- the / think / here / do / who / first / live / to / you/ was / person
- is / person / who / marry / who / think / will / you / do / the / you
- Correct the following sentences.
- Who do you think will be helping me?
- Who do you think call the police?
- Who do you think was the person who robbing me?
- Who do you think we should cook four?
- What do you think your sister is dating?
- Answer the following questions.
- Who do you think is better: Jay-Z or Beyonce?
- Who do you think should take responsibility in a fight?
- Who do you think will be the next American president?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Who do you think is a good person to go to for advice? Write a paragraph about why they are a good person for this.
- Practice: Imagine you are a police officer trying to ask questions at the scene of the crime. What are three ‘who do you think’ questions you would ask a witness to solve the crime?