Repeat after the tutor.
- How old do you think I am?
- How crazy do you think he is?
- How far do you think it is?
- How easy do you think this is?
- How heavy do you think this rock is?
- How excited do you think I was?
- How scared do you think she was?
- How happy do you think we were?
- How busy do you think they were?
- How disappointed do you think your father was?
- How strong do you think he wants to be?
- How smart do you think this computer can be?
- How lucky do you think she will be?
- How difficult do you think the test will be?
- How cool do you think I should be?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|earthquake||(n) a sudden and violent shaking of the ground, sometimes causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth’s crust
e.g. How strong do you think the earthquake was?
|government||(n) the governing body of a nation, state, or community
e.g. How fair do you think our government is?
|jewel||(n) a jewel is a precious stone used to decorate valuable things that you wear, such as rings
e.g. How valuable do you think the jewel is?
|innocent||(adj) not guilty of a crime or offense.
e.g. How innocent do you think the man on trial is?
|nail||(n) a small metal spike with a broadened flat head, driven typically into wood with a hammer to join things together
e.g. How firmly do you think the nail was hammered in?
|reading||(n) the action or skill of reading written or printed matter silently or aloud
e.g. How much do you think reading improves your intelligence?
|great||(adj) of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average
e.g. How great do you think that play was?
|basket||(n) a container used to hold or carry things, typically made from interwoven strips of cane or wire
e.g. How well do you think my basket will hold these groceries?
|instead||(adverb) as an alternative or substitute.
e.g. How well do you think he will adjust to teaching chemistry instead of English?
|path||(n) a way or track laid down for walking or made by continual treading
e.g. How clear do you think the path will be?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- the / is / how / plan / you / do / think / sensible
- will / instructions / clear / do / how / think / you / be /the
- how / party / fun / think / was / you / the /do
- think / am / how / I / cool / you / do
- do / her / is / how / life / exciting / think / you
- Correct the following sentences.
- How strength do you think that bear is?
- How long do you think I should let the pie baking?
- How quickly do you think I can drove to the hospital?
- How fast do you think light travel?
- How dangerous do you think it is to drive without a Seat Belt?
- Answer the following questions.
- How interesting do you think history is to learn about?
- How far do you think you can run?
- How long do you think it would take for you to drive to the capital city of your country?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- How healthy do you think your food is? Write a paragraph about ways you try to stay healthy.
- Practice: imagine you are teaching someone English yourself. What are three questions in the ‘how’ format that you would ask a student?