Repeat after the tutor.
- Study hard while you can.
- Use this room while you’re here.
- Visit me while you’re in America.
- Learn some English while you study in America.
- Drink a lot of water while you exercise.
- Brush your teeth while you wash your face.
- Ask me anything while I am here.
- I thought about my family while I was in New York.
- We bought some clothes while we were in Manhattan.
- She took a rest while I was working.
- We studied together while we were in the coffee shop.
- Don’t use your phone while you drive.
- Don’t talk while you eat.
- Can you talk to me while you are working?
- Can you pick up my suit while you are there?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|duration||(n) the length of time that something exists or lasts
Stay seated for the duration of the flight.
|clone||(v) to make an exact copy of
The class wanted to clone their pet rabbit.
|split up||(phrasal verb) to separate or divide into parts or groups
Let’s split up to find the lost dog.
|all-time favorite||(adj) used when comparing things or saying how good or bad something is of any time
Chocolate is my all-time favorite flavor.
|excite||(v) to cause feelings of enthusiasm in someone: to make someone feel energetic and eager to do something
Will the presentations excite the audience?
|live up to||(phrasal verb) to do what is required by something
The man wanted to live up to his potential.
|loyal||(adj) having or showing complete and constant support for someone or something
She was pleased to have such loyal friends who stood by her.
|strike down||(phrasal verb) to make someone unable to work, act or function in the usual way
The flu could strike down even a healthy person.
|stove||(n) a device that burns fuel for heating and cooking
We’ll need to use the stove to heat up our soup.
|stem||(n) the main long and thin part of a plant that rises above the soil and supports the leaves and flowers
Be careful with the stem of the flower.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- can / get / I / shop / You / while / gas / .
- ate / He / ready / she / got / while / .
- study / wait / you / while / You / can / .
- walk / while / talk / you / Can / you / ?
- wanted / sleep / they / to / She / while/ drove / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I want coffee while I was here.
- He will want to drive, while, he can.
- Can you bake while you are their?
- She wanted to shop, while she was in town.
- Will you work while vacation?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are two things that you can do at once?
- What do you like to do while on vacation?
- What is your routine while getting ready in the morning?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Clone wars: If you could clone yourself, how would you split up your responsibilities?
- Second time around: Tell us about a book you can read again and again without getting bored — what is it that speaks to you?