Repeat after the tutor.
- Call us if you find him.
- Keep dreaming if you want to be rich.
- I am going to hire Warren if Tyler leaves.
- She is going to move to Denmark if she finds a job there.
- I will regret forever if I give up now.
- I will call my brother if you hit me.
- I will work harder if they pay me more.
- We will be happy if you stay one more day.
- She can speak English if she studies hard.
- They can work for me if they pass this test.
- I can’t finish this if you don’t help me.
- He can’t go to America if they don’t approve his visa.
- I can’t finish this essay if she doesn’t help me.
- I can’t support my family if they don’t hire me.
- You can’t speak English if you don’t study grammar.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|regret||(v) to feel sad or sorry about something that you did or did not do
She does not regret calling him.
|approve||(v) to believe that something or someone is good or acceptable
Her mom doesn’t approve of her actions.
|conditional||(adj) used to describe something that will happen on if something else happens
The agreement is conditional upon the money raised.
|consequence||(n) something that happens as a result of a particular action or set of conditions
Stealing that candy bar will have serious consequences.
|stumble upon||(phrasal verb) to find or meet by chance: bump into
Maybe you’ll stumble upon your lost book sometime.
|garage sale||(n) a sale of used furniture, clothing, etc. held at the seller’s home
Before she moves, she’s hosting a garage sale to declutter.
|pass through||(phrasal verb) to move or go into or through a particular place
Hundreds of visitors pass through the exhibit each day.
|astonished||(adj) feeling or showing great surprise or wonder
She was astonished at the new information.
|belonging||(n) the things that belong to a person, possessions
They packed up their belongings and moved.
|object||(n) a thing that you can see and touch that is not alive
The assignment was to describe an object found in the room.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- clears / go / will / out / we/ and /play / the / (if) / storm
- today / will / ask / he / her/ out / he / (if) / ready / feels
- will / snow / there / it / (if) / is / be / tomorrow / enough /cold
- (if) / would / she / should / outside / Sarah / thought / go / better / feel / make / it / her
- go / you / (if) / your / don’t / inside / life / house / the / value
- Correct the following sentences.
- I wondered if she was going to telling on us.
- Nathan decide that if it didn’t stop raining, he would leave.
- If you do that one more time, you will face a consequences.
- You will never succeeded if you don’t try your hardest.
- We will have a new bicycle if the prices isn’t too high.
- Answer the following questions.
- What food would you choose if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life?
- Pick one item you would bring if you were trapped on a desert island.
- What band would you listen to if you only had one CD?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Million Dollar Baby: Write a paragraph about what you would do if you won a million dollars?
- Memories for sale: On a weekend road trip, far away from home, you stumble upon a garage sale in a neighborhood you’re passing through. Astonished, you find an object among the belongings for sale that you recognize. Tell us about it.