Repeat after the tutor.
- I want to go there even if it rains.
- They don’t care even if you quit.
- Keep running even if you fail.
- Don’t cry even if your life treats you hard.
- Don’t run even if you are late.
- Don’t move even if the bear moves.
- Don’t give up even if it’s not easy.
- I can get an A even if I don’t study.
- I can do this even if you don’t agree with me.
- You can pass this test even if you’re stupid.
- You can’t be popular even if you try.
- I will always be your fan even if you get old.
- I will be here even if you don’t come back.
- They will dance even if you laugh at them.
- I will not study even if you teach me.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|treat||(v) to think of an act toward someone or something in a specified way
(n) something pleasant or amusing that is unusual or unexpected
(v) The employees were treated poorly.
(n) Getting ice cream was a fun treat.
|laugh at||(phrasal verb) to show that you are happy or that you think something is funny by smiling and making a sound from your throat
I like it when they laugh at my jokes.
|leftover||(n) a thing that remains after something is finished or ended
They had leftovers from the party.
|cautious||(adj) careful about avoiding danger or risk
When you’re in a place you’re not familiar with, make sure you’re always cautious of your surroundings.
|flu shot||(n) vaccine which provides immunity to a variety of influenza viruses and is updated and recommended annually
Before winter, be sure to get your flu shot to stay healthy.
|private||(adj) for the use of a single person or group: belonging to one person or group: not public
Take the private drive off the main road to get to her house.
|celebrity||(n) a person who is famous
If you see a celebrity, try to get a picture with them.
|sensation||(n) a particular feeling or effect that your body experiences
The lotion had a tingling sensation on my arm.
|be drawn to||(phrasal verb) to be attracted to someone or something
The child was drawn to the train exhibit with fascination.
|helping hand||(n) help or assistance
She was always willing to give a helping hand to those in need.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- would / to / not / him / even / he / would / I / speak / if / apologized
- leftover / guests / if / all / even / there / be / will / food / the / eat
- prepared / cautious / completely / if / is / she / she / even / be / should
- qualified / not / is / if / she / even / the / for / will / apply / Kate / job
- tired / even / they / if / the / will / stand / people / anthem / the / for / are
- Correct the following sentences.
- She did not want to leave the house, even if he make her.
- The penguins wanted to stay for the winter, even if it were cold.
- You should got a flu shot, even if you may not be sick yet.
- They would watch the actor’s movie, even if he wasn’t a good people in real life.
- The lion wanted to eat his meal privately, even if there were others who wanted a bites.
- Answer the following questions.
- Is there anything you would eat even if you know that it was bad for you?
- Who is the one person you would like to have a coffee with, even if they are a celebrity
- What kind of pet would you like to have (even if it was an animal that should be a pet)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Feed your senses: Write down the first sight, sound, smell, and sensation you
experienced on waking up today. Pick the one you’re most drawn to, and write. (For a bigger challenge, pick the one you’re least drawn to.)
- Helping hand: Tell us about the most surprising helping hand you’ve ever received.