Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: Do you like to travel by air, sea, or ground?
- D: I like to travel by ground, especially on trains.
- K: Me too. I’m scared of airplanes.
- D: In that case, we can travel together!
Using the travel prepositions “by,” “in,” and “on.” 📘
Read the diagram out loud with your tutor.
- I travel by motorcycle.
- She likes to go in a car.
- You and I will travel on the train.
- Kevin is on his bicycle.
- They will travel by airplane.
Go over the vocabulary and below with your tutor. 📘
Fill in the blank with “by,” “on,” or “in.” 📘
- Dorothy and Kevin will go by boat.
- I want to ride ________ a motorcycle.
- She goes _______ train.
- You and I need to go _____ a taxi.
- We want to travel ______ an airplane.
Pick the correct answer between the infinitive verb or verb form. 📘
- I want go/to go by sea.
- We can travel/to travel by helicopter.
- They will go/to go in a boat.
- Kevin needs/to needs a truck.
- You to be/are on a bicycle.
Answer the question using a complete sentence and use “by,” “in,” or “on.” I want to go ___________. 📘
- How do you want to go to the supermarket? (taxi) I want to go in a taxi.
- How do you want to go to Hawaii? (airplane) ___________________________.
- How do you want to go to the bank? (motorcycle) ________________________.
- How do you want to go to school? (foot) ______________________________________.
- How do you want to go to the cinema? (ground) _______________________________.
Make a sentence using the words. 📘
- car, in, she, is, a – She is in a car.
- will, they, go, by, train – _____________________________________.
- want, ride, you, bicycle, to, a – _______________________________.
- we, subway, by, go, will – ____________________________________.
- ride, on, I, want, to, a, motorcycle – ____________________________.
- What was the last trip you took? How did you travel?
- What is your favorite place to vacation?
- Do you prefer flying or driving?
- Do you know how to ride a bike? Do you like it?
- Have you ever been in a helicopter? A ship? A subway?