Repeat after the tutor.
- I saw Hailey eat your pizza.
- I heard you say something.
- She saw Yessica say hi to Chris.
- He didn’t see me follow him.
- They didn’t hear Eminem rap.
- We didn’t see David come to work.
- I don’t want to hear you cry.
- Did you see the rabbit disappear?
- Can you hear me talk?
- Did you see us move?
- I saw you cry.
- I heard you cry.
- I saw them steal it.
- I heard him laugh.
- I was Steve run away.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|disappear||(v) to stop being visible : to pass out of sight
e.g. I did see her but then she disappeared.
|rob||(v) to take money or property from (a person or a place) illegally and sometimes by using force, violence, or threats
e.g. Did you see who robbed me and took my purse?
|yawn||(v) to open your mouth wide while taking in breath usually because you are tired or bored
e.g. I saw her yawn twice during class.
|whisper||(v) to speak very softly or quietly
e.g. I couldn’t hear you because you were whispering.
|blow off||(phrasal verb) to refuse to notice or deal with (someone) : to ignore (someone)
e.g. I just saw you blow her off when she tried to talk to you.
|blow out||(phrasal verb) to go out or to cause (something, such as a candle) to go out by blowing
e.g. Did you see her blow out all the candles?
|rip||(v) to tear, split, or open (something) quickly or violently
e.g. Did you hear that she ripped apart her homework?
|blow up||(phrasal verb) to fill (something) with air or gas
e.g. I saw you blow up all those balloons.
|headline||(n) the title written in large letters over a story in a newspaper
e.g. Do you see that headline in the newspaper today?
|boil down to||(phrasal verb) to have (something) as the main or basic part
e.g. I heard you had to boil it down to the beginning.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- laugh / I / him / heard / .
- we / touch / saw / bag / your / her / .
- saw / I / yawn / you / .
- you / did / whisper / me / hear / ?
- you / me / they / did / drink / see / with / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I saw you crying.
- I saw Steve ran away.
- He heard me screamed.
- They saw I hug her.
- Did her hear you rap?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some of the best movies that you have seen?
- Have you ever seen a bear? What are some other animals you have seen?
- Has anyone ever heard you sing? What do you like to sing?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Ripped from the headlines: Head to your favorite online news source. Pick an article with a headline that grabs you. Now, write a short story based on the article.
- Polite company: “It’s never a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don’t really know.” Agree or disagree?