Repeat after the tutor.
- Practice these patterns whenever you have time.
- Ask me whenever you have a question.
- My father is busy whenever I call him.
- I wash my car whenever I have time.
- He studies English whenever he has time.
- They dance whenever they hear this song.
- The roof leaks whenever it rains.
- You made me laugh whenever I was sad.
- We gave him a reward whenever he got an A.
- I will be there whenever you need me.
- I can buy anything whenever I want.
- He can use my computer whenever he needs a computer.
- Do you cry whenever you hear this song?
- Do you snore whenever you sleep?
- Did you visit her whenever she was sick?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|unknown||(adj) not known
There is a lot that remains unknown about him.
|freaky||(adj) strange or unusual
The plot twist at the end was freaky.
|unexpected||(adj) not expected
The ending of the movie was unexpected.
|converse||(v) to talk usually informally with someone
At school, we often converse in Spanish.
(n) something that is the opposite of something else
|swap||(v) to give something and receive something in return: to trade or exchange
Do you want to swap gifts for the holidays?
|in someone’s shoes||(idiom) sharing a particular experience or circumstance with someone else
To really understand, you’ll need to step into someone’s shoes.
|empathy||(n) the feeling that you understand and share another person’s experiences and emotions
She felt empathy toward those in need.
|vicarious||(adj) experienced or felt by watching, hearing about or reading about someone else rather than by doing something yourself
Watching home videos was a vicarious experience.
|on behalf of||(adj) as a representative of someone
The student volunteered on behalf of her friend.
|anticipate||(v) to expect or look ahead to something with pleasure
I will anticipate when you return.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- sad / am / see / I / him / I / whenever / .
- comes / call / I / She / whenever / .
- around / need / whenever/ Are / you / you / I / ?
- studies / he / He / has / time / whenever / .
- babysit / Can / whenever / need / we / you / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She wants go whenever they go.
- I was happy whenever they will come.
- I want to swap sides whenever we lost.
- She can go out, whenever she wants.
- Were you awake whenever the baby is?
- Answer the following questions.
- What is something you like to do whenever you can?
- What is something you do whenever you go out?
- How often do you go to the store?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Unknown caller: You receive a call from an unexpected person. Who is it, and what is the conversation about? Go!
- Freaky Friday: If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be, and why? If that seems too easy, try this one: who would you like to have spend a day as you and what do you hope they’d learn from the experience?