In this lesson, your tutor will help you go over this topic: in the bathroom. First, go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will go over anything you do not understand. Practice creating a sentence or two to make sure you know how to use the word/expression properly.
|bathroom sink||(n) a bowl with a faucet; usually has hot and cold water
I use the bathroom sink to wash my hands?
|shower||(n) a device that sprays water on your body while you wash yourself
I prefer to take a shower than a bath.
|shower curtain||(n) plastic or cloth material so water does not get out of the shower
The shower curtain should be closed when you take a shower.
|bathtub||(n) a large container for a person to sit and wash their body
I use the bathtub to relax.
|medicine cabinet||(n) a cabinet usually with a mirror above the bathroom sink; to store medicines and other things
We keep medicines, soap, and shaving cream in the medicine cabinet.
|toilet||(n) a large bowl with a seat that is used to go to the bathroom
The toilet is usually next to the bathroom sink.
|towel rack||(n) a bar on which a towel is placed in the bathroom
I always put my towel on the towel rack to dry.
|towel||(n) a piece of cloth used to dry things like the body after a shower
If the towel is wet, put it on the towel rack to dry.
|mirror||(n) a piece of glass that you can see yourself in
I look in the mirror every day.
|bath rug||(n) piece of thick material put in front of the shower or bathtub to step on
A bath rug will help keep the floor dry.
Use the following questions as a guideline to form an interesting conversation with your tutor. Feel free to diverge from these suggestions if anything interesting comes up.
- Do you prefer a bath or shower? Why?
- How do you feel after taking a bath or shower?
- Do you sing in the shower? If so, why?
- Do you take a short or long shower? Why?
- What are some things that are kept in a bathroom? (For example – blow dryer, soap, etc.)
- What do you do in the bathroom? (For example – shave, shower, etc.)
- What are some things in a medicine cabinet? (For example – a razor)
- How many bathrooms are in your home?
- Does your shower have a glass door or shower curtain?
- Why is it important to keep a bathroom clean?