Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: Are you married? 📘
- D: Yes, I am. We have one son. 📘
- K: Do you have siblings? 📘
- D: Yes, I have one brother and one sister. 📘
- K: Do you have any nieces or nephews? 📘
- D: Yes, I have two nieces. I am an aunt. 📘
Using “do” and “does” to ask questions 📘
Go over the vocabulary and expressions below with your tutor. 📘
Fill in the blank with the correct relative. Use the family tree above to help answer the questions. 📘
- The son of my sister is my nephew.
- The father of my dad is my ___________.
- My brother is my __________.
- The sister of my mom is my _________.
- The son of my dad’s brother is my _________.
Select the correct relative. 📘
- Parent of my mom and dad. (grandmother / uncle)
- The brother of my wife. (brother-in-law / nephew)
- A sibling. (brother / aunt)
- My dad’s brother. (aunt / uncle)
- The daughter of my uncle. (sister-in-law / cousin)
Fill in the blank with do or does. 📘
- Do you have a sister?
- ____ he have an uncle?
- ____ they have children?
- ____ she have a husband?
- ____ he have a brother-in-law?
Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word from the table above. 📘
- My brother is my sibling.
- My wife is my ________.
- My cousin is my ______.
- My mom and dad are my ________.
- My daughter is my _______.
- Describe your family tree.
- Which family members do you live with?
- Where is your family from?
- What are your mom and dad like?