For your reference:
Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: I’m thirty-two. How old are you?
- D: You shouldn’t ask a woman this question!
- K: Okay. Which year were you born in?
- D: I was born in nineteen-eighty-five.
- K: Now I know how old you are!
Using “how” to ask questions with answers in numbers. 📘
- How old are you? I am eighteen years old. 📘
- How many children do you have? I have none (0 or zero). 📘
- How much does the toy cost? It costs $35. 📘
- How often do you go to the gym? I go three times a week. 📘
Using numbers to express a year. 📘
- 2016 = two thousand sixteen
- 1999 = nineteen ninety nine
- 1985 = nineteen eighty five
- 1876 = eighteen seventy six
- 1724 = seventeen twenty four
Go over the vocabulary and expressions below with your tutor. 📘
Fill in the first blank using “how much”, “how often”, “how old”, and “how many.” Fill in the second blank using a number. 📘
- How old is your mother? My mother is sixty-two years old.
- ______ does the car cost? The car costs ________.
- ______ do you walk? I walk _____ days a week.
- ______ hats do you have. I have _____ hats.
- ______ does the hat cost? It costs ________.
Write out the years using words 📘
- 1966 = nineteen sixty six
- 1998 = _____________
- 2010 = _____________
- 1888 = ______________
- 1941 = ______________
Write out the written numbers in the correct order from low to high using numbers. 📘
- (five, twenty, eleven, seven, ten) = 5, 7, 10, 11, 20
- (two, nineteen, twelve, fifteen, nine) _______________
- (thirteen, one, zero, eighteen, seven) ______________
- (three, four, sixteen, nine, eight) __________________
- (twenty, five, one, zero, fourteen) _________________
Answer the questions with a number and write it. 📘
- How old are you? 50 OR fifty
- Which year were you born? _______________
- How many children do you have? _______________
- How much does the car cost? _______________
- How often do you go to the gym a week? _______________
- What year were you born in?
- What year is this year?
- How old is each of your family members?
- What is your house number?