Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: What time should we meet today?
- D: Let’s meet at 2:30pm.
- K: You’re always late. Should I plan for 3:00pm?
- D: I’m on Brazilian time!
- K: In that case, I will come at 4:00pm.
NEW SKILL & VOCABULARY
Using phrasal verbs. A group of words that functions as a verb and is made up of a verb and a preposition, adverb, or both. 📘
- wake up (definition)
- get up (definition)
- check in (definition)
- check out (definition)
- take off (definition)
Time of the day 📘
- morning – 00:01 am to 11:59 am 📘
- afternoon – 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm 📘
- evening – 5:01 pm to 8:00 pm 📘
- night – 8:01 pm to 12:00 am 📘
- noon – 12:00 pm 📘
- midnight – 12:00 am 📘
- am – the hours before noon 📘
- pm – the hours after noon 📘
How to ask for the time. 📘
Practice using “past” and “to”. Write it in a sentence. “It is ________. 📘
- 12:35 – It is thirty-five past twelve.
- 9:15 – _______________________.
- 1:45 – _______________________.
- 4:05 – _______________________.
- 3:30 – _______________________.
Answer the questions with the time using numbers. 📘
- What time do you go to bed? I go to bed at 11:00 pm.
- What time do you wake up? _____________________.
- What time do you get up? _______________________.
- What time do you go to work/school? ___________________.
- What time do you eat lunch? _____________________.
Answer the questions with the time using words. 📘
- What time can you check in? I can check in at twelve o’clock.
- What time will you check out? _________________________.
- Could you tell me the time, please? _____________________.
- What time did the plane take off? _______________________.
- What time did you get up this morning? __________________.
What time of day is it? 📘
- What time do you wake up?
- What is your favorite time of the day? Why?
- What time do you eat dinner?
- What time does the sun set in the winter? In the summer?