Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: Excuse me, how do I get to the bank? 📘
- D: Go straight and turn left at the corner. It is next to the post office. 📘
- K: Thank you very much! Is it open now? 📘
- D: Yes, it is open every day. 📘
Asking for directions 📘
- Excuse me, how do I get to the __________?
- Excuse me, where is the ____________?
- Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the ___________?
Giving directions using verbs and prepositions of place/location. 📘
Go over the vocabulary and below with your tutor. 📘
Choose the correct preposition of place. Use the picture below to help give directions. 📘
- Where is the bank? It is at the corner of/opposite Main Street.
- Where is the library? It is next to/opposite the post office.
- Where is the police station? It is between/at the corner of the bank and store.
- Where is the school? It is next to/opposite the restaurant.
- Where is the hospital? It is between/at the corner of Central Avenue and Main Street.
Fill in the blank with everyday or every day. 📘
- I go to the playground every day.
- My _________ work at the hospital is exciting.
- They work at the bank ___________.
- The police station is open ___________.
- ___________ life is different.
Choose the correct verb to give directions. Use the picture below to help give directions. 📘
- Excuse me, where is the theater? (from the restaurant)
Turn left/turn right on Second Street.
- Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the post office? (from the library)
Go straight ahead / turn right on Main Street.
- Excuse me, how do I get to the bank? (from the store)
Go straight ahead and go past / cross the police station.
- Excuse me, where is the restaurant? (from the train station)
Turn right / go straight ahead and cross/turn left the street.
- Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the church? (from the library)
Turn left/cross the street and go past / turn left. Go straight ahead until you see the church on the right.
Fill in the blank with the correct place from the vocabulary list. 📘
- Football matches are played in the stadium.
- Firefighters are in the ______________.
- Airplanes are at the ____________.
- A __________ has art.
- People go to the _____________ to swim.
- How do you get to the post office from your house?
- What buildings are near your house?
- What is across the street from your work?
- How do you get the nearest bank?
- What recommendations would you give to a tourist in your city?
(Source Image: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/461126449317808805/)