Practice by reading the dialogue with your tutor. After you are done, switch roles and do it again! 📘
- K: Yesterday I was sad. 📘
- D: I was worried about you. How do you feel today? 📘
- K: I am happy. Why were you worried about me? 📘
- D: Because I don’t like to see people hurt. 📘
Using “to be” in the past tense. 📘
- was – singular
- were – plural
- wasn’t – singular and negative
- weren’t – plural and negative
- I was happy.
- We were excited.
- She wasn’t surprised.
- They weren’t embarrassed.
Go over the vocabulary and below with your tutor. 📘
Fill in the blank with was or were to complete the sentence. 📘
- She was surprised.
- He _______ hurt.
- We _______ embarrassed.
- They ________ afraid.
- You ________ excited.
The first sentence is a question. The second sentence is the answer. Fill in the blanks with was or were. 📘
- Were you silly? Yes, I was.
- ______ he sorry? No, he ______ not.
- ______ I angry? Yes, I ________.
- ______ we sad? No, we __________.
- ______ she loved? Yes, she ________.
Fill in the blank with was or were to complete the question. 📘
- Why were they happy?
- When _______ she sad?
- Who ________ excited?
- Why _______ I proud?
- When ______ you embarrassed?
Fill in the blank with the correct sentence or words. Us the vocabulary list above and where needed, use “was” or “were.” 📘
- about, Kevin, did, how, me, feel (question – ?) – How did Kevin feel about me?
- were, we, worried, you, about – _____________________________.
- How did they feel about Dorothy? were, they, hurt ___________________________.
- How did you feel about me? I was___________________________.
- How did he feel about you yesterday? He _____________________.
- What was the happiest you’ve been?
- What was the saddest you’ve been?
- Describe when you were you last embarrassed.
- Describe when you you were last afraid.
- What are you most proud of?