Repeat after the tutor.
- I feel like eating chicken.
- I feel like crying.
- She feels like giving up everything.
- I felt like drinking soda last night.
- I don’t feel like studying today.
- I don’t feel like talking to you.
- I didn’t feel like socializing last night.
- Do you feel like eating something?
- Do you feel like going to Paris?
- Did you feel like going shopping?
- I feel like watching a movie.
- I feel like taking a nap.
- I feel like watching movies with you tonight.
- We feel like singing this song.
- We feel like trying this game.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|leather||(n) animal skin that is chemically treated to preserve it and that is used in making clothes, shoes, furniture, etc
e.g. I feel like wearing my leather jacket today.
|throw up||(idiom) to have the food, liquid, etc., that is in your stomach come out through your mouth : vomit
e.g. I feel like I might throw up because of that bad food.
|eat out||(idiom) to dine at a restaurant rather than at home.
e.g. Do you feel like eating out tonight?
|make friends||(idiom) to become someone’s friend
e.g. I feel like making friends.
|socialize||(v) to talk to and do things with other people in a friendly way
e.g. I don’t feel like socializing tonight.
|look up||(idiom) to search for (something) in a reference book, on the Internet, etc.
e.g. I felt like looking up the rules on the computer.
|politics||(n) activities that relate to influencing the actions and policies of a government or getting and keeping power in a government
e.g. He is an important figure in American politics.
|bring something up||(idiom) start talking about a subject
e.g. My mother walks out of the room when my father brings up sports.
|game||(n) a physical or mental activity or contest that has rules and that people do for pleasure
e.g. Do you feel like playing a game?
|dress up||(idiom) wear nice clothing
e.g. It’s a fancy restaurant so we have to dress up.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- like / you / I / feel / tonight / drinking / with / .
- laughing / like / feel / I / don’t / .
- today / going / I / don’t / work / like / feel / to / .
- do / you / doing / like / special / feel / something / ?
- you / like / up / feel / throwing / do / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I feel like take a nap
- We feel like the game trying.
- She felt like left Seoul.
- I feel like not seeing her.
- Do you feel like walk?
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you feel like doing today? (use “feel like V-ing”)
- What do you feel like eating when you go to a restaurant? (use “feel like V-ing”)
- You don’t want to talk about politics. What do you say? (use “feel like V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if there were no television? Why would this be good? bad?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer.