Repeat after the tutor.
- Why don’t you try again?
- Why don’t you erase this?
- Why don’t you get a rest?
- Why don’t you lose weight?
- Why don’t you use my phone?
- Why don’t you visit your parents?
- Why don’t you study in Chicago?
- Why don’t we leave now?
- Why don’t we take this class?
- Why don’t we ask your sister?
- Why don’t we read this novel?
- Why don’t we eat something?
- Why don’t we save money?
- Why don’t we go to the concert?
- Why don’t we move to New York?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|clock||(v) a mechanical or electrical device for measuring time, indicating hours, minutes, and sometimes second
e.g. Why don’t you adjust the time on the clock?
|coast||(v) the part of the land near the sea; the edge of the land.
e.g. Why don’t we steer towards the coast?
|diet||(v) the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
e.g. Why don’t you stick to a diet of vegetables?
|evil||(v) profoundly immoral and malevolent.
e.g. Why don’t you believe that he was evil?
|extra||(v) added to an existing or usual amount or number.
e.g. Why don’t we put extra ketchup on this burger?
|fire||(v)combustion or burning, a reaction that results in bright light, heat, and smoke.
e.g. Why don’t you put the fire out before we go to bed?
|flood||(v) an overflowing of a large amount of water beyond its normal confines, especially over what is normally dry land.
e.g. Why don’t we get insurance in case there is a flood?
|girl||(v) a female child.
e.g. Why don’t we buy a present for that little girl?
|grow||(v) (of a living thing) undergo natural development by increasing in size and changing physically; progress to maturity.
e.g. why don’t we grow flowers this year?
|gun||(v)a weapon incorporating from which missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.
e.g. why don’t we keep guns in the house?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- travel / we / to / Australia / why / don’t
- once / why / concentrate / don’t / try / you / to / for
- don’t / me / sing / with / why / you
- call / why / name / don’t / you / my
- me / why / you / love / me / don’t
- Correct the following sentences.
- Why don’t we go their after breakfast?
- Why don’t you thought the answer is right?
- Why don’t you send you mom a letter?
- Why don’t your dye your hair?
- Why don’t you bought a gun?
- Answer the following questions.
- Is there anything you don’t like to eat? Why don’t you like it?
- Is there an animal that you don’t like? Why don’t you like it?
- Is there a character in a book you hate? Why don’t you like them?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Write a paragraph that begins with the phrase “why don’t you..”
- Write a conversation between two people. Use “why don’t you..” at least 3 times.