Repeat after the tutor.
- Do you mind if I leave early?
- Do you mind if I call you again?
- Do you mind if I join your team?
- Do you mind if I close the window?
- Do you mind if I skip this part?
- Do you mind if I walk with you?
- Do you mind if I exercise with you?
- Do you mind if I take a picture with you?
- Do you mind if I turn on the TV?
- Do you mind if I turn off the air conditioner?
- Do you mind if he takes your class?
- Do you mind if we come back tomorrow?
- Do you mind if my friend joins us?
- Do you mind if my sister eats this cookie?
- Do you mind if my son plays with your dog?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|mind||(n) the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.
e.g. Do you mind if I tell you wants on my mind?
|skip||(v) move along lightly, stepping from one foot to the other with a hop or bounce.
e.g. Do you mind if we skip instead of run?
|perform||(v) carry out, accomplish, or fulfill (an action, task, or function).
e.g. Do you mind if we perform a skit at the talent show?
|debt||(n) something, typically money, that is owed or due.
e.g. Do you mind if I repay my debt later?
|something||(pronoun) used in various expressions indicating that a description or amount being stated is not exact.
e.g. Do you mind if we do something else tonight?
|expel||(v) deprive (someone) of membership of or involvement in a school or other organization
e.g. Do you mind if we expel her from our organization?r
|reduce||(v) make smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.
e.g. Do you mind if we reduce the amount of groceries we buy this week?
|relax||(v) make or become less tense or anxious.
e.g. Do you mind if we relax instead running around today?
|throw||(v) propel (something) with force through the air by a movement of the arm and hand.
e.g. Do you mind if we throw this ball around?
|deliver||(v) to transfer possession of (property) to another
e.g. Do you mind if we deliver the package quickly?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- order / do / mind / pizza / if / we / you
- if / do / later / you / eat / mind / we
- early / she / leaves / you / mind / if / do
- help / do / you / if / I / mind / her
- drive / car / you / if / mind / do / I / your
- Correct the following sentences.
- Do you mind if they opens the store?
- Do you mind if we reed a book?
- Do you mind if we fix the computar?
- Do you mind if a milk has gone bad?
- Do you mind if we postpone are vacation?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you mind when people are late for things?
- Do you mind when food is a day or two old?
- Do you mind if people don’t use their manners?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Do you mind when service is bad at a. restaurant? Write a paragraph about the funniest experience you’ve ever had waiting for food.
- Practice: think of three ‘do you mind’ questions you might ask at dinner to be polite. Write them down and explain why using this phrasing is considered more polite then other phrases.