Repeat after the tutor.
- Have I told you?
- Have I told you before?
- Have I ever told you?
- Have you been sick?
- Have you met your CEO?
- Have you lied to me?
- Have you seen a UFO?
- Have you been angry before?
- Have you visited New York before?
- Have you been disappointed in me?
- Have you been depressed in your life?
- Have they tasted your food?
- Has she learned German?
- Has he studied with you?
- Has William ever worked in his life?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|daughter||(n) a girl or woman in relation to her parents.
e.g. Have you met my daughter?
|disappointed||(adj) (of a person) sad or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfill one’s hopes or expectations.
e.g. Have we disappointed you?
|depressing||(adj) causing or resulting in a feeling of miserable dejection
e.g. Have you ever felt depressed?
|endear||(adj) cause to be loved or liked.
e.g. Have you tried to endear yourself to her to make her like you?
|feel||(v) to experience an emotion or sensation
e.g. Has she been able to feel this fabric?
|festival||(n) a day or period of celebration, typically a religious commemoration.
e.g. Have you attended the festival before?
|gaiety||(n) the state or quality of being lighthearted or cheerful.
e.g. Have you ever seen this much gaiety at a party?h
|happiness||(n) the state of being happy.
e.g. Have you found happiness in your life?
|harmonious||(adj) free from disagreement or dissent.
e.g. Have you found the new classroom to be harmonious?
|havoc||(n) widespread destruction.
e.g. Have you seen the havoc caused by the hurricane?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / application / have / the / completed
- new / have / principal / seen / you / the
- menu / the / you / new / have / tried
- met / mother / you / my / have
- States / you / United / to / have / the / traveled
- Correct the following sentences.
- Have you ate here before?
- Have you been feel well?
- Have you talked to you’re daughter lately?
- Have you attended a festival in spain?
- Have you scene how endearing our new teacher is?
- Answer the following questions.
- Have you ever seen an airshow?
- Have you ever gone fishing?
- Have you decided what you’re having for dinner tonight?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Have you felt happy today? Write a paragraph about the best part of your day so far.
- Practice: Imagine you had child who came home after their curfew. What are three ‘have you’ questions you would ask them to find out where they had been?