Repeat after the tutor.
- Do you know who taught you?
- Do you know whose song I like?
- Do you know what we missed?
- Do you know what Jane likes?
- Do you know what they are expecting?
- Do you know what time it happened?
- Do you know what time she left?
- Do you know when he died?
- Do you know when he arrived?
- Do you know where I found this?
- Do you know why she is sick?
- Do you know why I trust Luke?
- Do you know how I did it?
- Do you know how she studies English?
- Do you know how many children I have?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|abandon||(v) cease to support or look after (someone); desert.
e.g. Do you know why she abandoned me?
|abroad||(adverb) in or to a foreign country or countries
e.g. Do you know where she went abroad?
|bad||(adj) of poor quality or a low standard.
e.g. Do you know why he was feeling bad?
|cafeteria||(n) a restaurant or dining room in a school or a business in which customers serve themselves or are served from a counter and pay before eating.
e.g. Do you know why the cafeteria food tastes so bad?
|calm||(adj) (of a person, action, or manner) not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other emotions.
e.g. Do you know when the child will calm down?
|camel||(n) a large hoofed animal that has one or two large humps on its back and is used in the deserts of Asia and Africa for carrying passengers and loads.
e.g. Do you know where camels live?
|dolphin||(n) a sea mammal that is large, smooth, and grey, with a long, pointed mouth
e.g. Do you know when we’ll see a dolphin on our cruise?
|ecology||(n) the branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.
e.g. Do you know why ecology is important to study?
|echo||(n) a sound or series of sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener.
e.g. Do you know why sound echoes in a cave?
|educate||(v) to teach someone, especially using the formal system of school, college, or university
e.g. Do you know why we educate children?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- blue / sky / know / why / do / the / you /is
- fight / why / do / know / siblings / you
- got / tonight / do / how / she / know / you / here
- when / do / delegation / is / know / you / the / arriving
- why / swim / dolphins / you / know / do
- Correct the following sentences.
- Do you know when he was educate?
- Do you know when the weather will bee calm enough to go sailing?
- Do you know why camel have humps?
- Do you know how long it took me to got here?
- Do you know how fresh this fruit are?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you know how to whistle?
- Do you know which country makes the best coffee?
- Do you know how to tie a tie?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Do you know the best way to make an omelette? Write down your recipe, and instructions for how someone else could make it.
- Think of five ‘do you know’ questions that a child might ask about the world. Write them down, along with their answers.