Repeat after the tutor.
- How early do you think I wake up?
- How regularly do you think I exercise?
- How loudly do you think he sings?
- How fast do you think they finish their work?
- How sensitively do you think you reacted?
- How late do you think she arrived?
- How beautifully do you think she danced?
- How easily do you think he won?
- How calmly do you think he responded?
- How strangely do you think they acted?
- How high do you think I can jump?
- How fluently do you think I can speak English?
- How long do you think he can learn?
- How hard do you think he can punch you?
- How low do you think it can fly?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|below||(prep) at a lower level or layer than
e.g. How far do you think the tunnel goes below ground?
|reaction||(n) an action performed or a feeling experienced in response to a situation or event
e.g. How extreme do you think the reaction will be?
|universe||(n) all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos
e.g. How old do you think the universe is?
|release||(v) allow or enable to escape from confinement; set free
e.g. How soon do you think we should release the butterfly?
|judge||(n) a public official appointed to decide cases in a court of law
e.g. How fair do you think the judge will be in sentencing the criminal?
|describe||(v) give an account in words of (someone or something), including all the relevant characteristics, qualities, or events
e.g. How accurately do you think you can describe the events?
|green||(n) of the color between blue and yellow in the spectrum; colored like grass or emeralds
e.g. How green do you think our grass will grow?
|lack||(n) the state of being without or not having enough of something
e.g. How sorely do you think we will feel the lack of money this year?
|electric||(adj) of, worked by, charged with, or producing electricity.
e.g. How strong do you think my electric fan will blow air?
|large||(adj) of considerable or relatively great size, extent, or capacity
e.g. How large do you think whales can become?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- do / can / you / run / think / how / athlete / far / the
- the / helpful / how / seminar / do / think / you / was
- do / think / the / is / inquisitive / girl / how / you
- you / the / is /teacher / caring / how / do / think
- think / we/ do / how / results / test / on / soon / the / you / can / get
- Correct the following sentences.
- How quickly do you think you can describing what happened?
- How bad do you think she reaction was?
- How clever do you think the judge have to be?
- How awful do you think he feel when he found out?
- How badly do you think I were robbed?
- Answer the following questions.
- How quickly do you think it takes you to read a novel?
- How long do you think your drive to work or school is?
- How long do you think it takes you to make dinner most nights?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- How often do you do chores around the house? Write a paragraph about some of the weekly chores you do.
- Practice: think of three ‘how…do you think…’ questions that would be perfect for small talk (casual conversation). Why are they good small talk questions? Write them down and practice.