Repeat after the tutor.
- I’ve been studying English since last year.
- I’ve seen her once since she left our company.
- Hailey has been sick since yesterday.
- We’ve been depressed since last week.
- She’s been doing yoga since 2016.
- He’s been watching TV since he came home.
- I’ve been using this phone since I lost my phone.
- I’ve been sick since I ate the apple.
- You’ve been beautiful since you were born.
- I’ve been happy since I married him.
- Have you been studying English since last month?
- Has she been crying since her dog died?
- Have you been practicing since you failed the audition?
- Has he been driving since he graduated from high school?
- Has she been working since she moved to America?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|dwell||(v) to live in a particular place
He’s afraid to enter the cave where the bats dwell.
|seize||(v) to get or take something in a forceful, sudden or violent way
She tried to seize her bag back from the thief.
|comfort||(v) to cause someone to feel less worried, upset frightened: to give comfort to
The puppy wanted to comfort the girl.
|wonder||(v) to have interest in knowing or learning something
I wonder where I put my car keys
|depressed||(adj) feeling sad
The rainy weather made her depressed.
|catch up with||(phrasal verb) to begin to affect someone: to meet with someone
Those late nights will eventually catch up with me.
|reasoning||(n) the process of thinking about something in a logical way in order to form a conclusion or judgment
What was your reasoning for staying out late?
|quirky||(adj) unusual, especially in an interesting or appealing way
The odd main characters made it a quirky tv show.
|half-full||(adj) to an extent that is equal or nearly equal to half of something
After she finished eating, her glass was still half full.
|location||(n) a place or position
The store location had a lot of traffic.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- news / heard / she / she / crying / been / has / (since) / the
- down / went / I / where / wondered / had / they / been /sun / (since) / the
- seized / (since) / been / had / situation / power / the / dangerous / had / they
- accident / have / I / after / sister / looked / (since) / my / the
- out / happy / she / been / has/ asked / since / he / her
- Correct the following sentences.
- I has questioned her reasoning since that first mistake
- She have been travelling since she decided to leave home
- Have you watched the show since I last see you?
- You should comfort her, since she are sad
- How have you been feeling since the night they tell you?
- Answer the following questions.
- How have your skills improved since learning English?
- How have you been feeling since the beginning of the day?
- Is there anyone you need to catch up with since the last time you saw them?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Location, location, location: Think about the last place you lived. Write about how life been different since then.
- The glass? Is the glass half-full, or half-empty?