In this lesson, your tutor will help you go over this topic: going to the park. First, go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will go over anything you do not understand. Practice creating a sentence or two to make sure you know how to use the word/expression properly.
|playground||(n) an outdoor area where children can play that usually has equipment
The playground is full of children.
|picnic table||(n) an outdoor table usually found in parks where people eat
We need to find a picnic table as soon as we get to the park.
|bench||(n) a long and usually hard seat for 2 to 4 people
I like to sit on the bench at the park.
|pond||(n) a small area of water surrounded by land
The park has a beautiful pond with fish.
|trash can||(n) a container that holds materials to be thrown away
The trash can is full.
|water fountain||(n) a device that sends water into the air in a garden or park
The water fountain looks nice next to the playground.
|swing||(n) equipment that a person sits on and moves backward and forward
The children like the swing more than the slide.
|slide||(n) equipment where a person climbs up and comes down on their butt or back
Sometimes children are afraid of the slide.
|seesaw||(n) a long board that usually 2 children play on and balance; they go up and down
My daughter likes going up on the seesaw.
|path||(n) an area where people walk or jog
The park has a nice path for walking.
Use the following questions as a guideline to form an interesting conversation with your tutor. Feel free to diverge from these suggestions if anything interesting comes up.
- Why do people like going to the park?
- What are some activities people can do at a park?
- Do you like going to the park? Why or why not?
- Are there a lot of parks in your city? If yes, tell me about the one you like the most.
- Should dogs be allowed in a park? Why or why not?
- Which is your favorite playground equipment? Why?
- Do you like water fountains? Why or why not?
- Should smoking be allowed in a park? Why or why not?
- Should people have to pay to enter a park? Why or why not?
- Should there be more parks in your city or country? Why or why not?