In this lesson, your tutor will help you go over this topic: flower shop. First, go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will go over anything you do not understand. Practice creating a sentence or two to make sure you know how to use the word/expression properly.
|florist||(n) a person who works in a flower shop
The florist made a beautiful flower arrangement.
|flower arrangement||(n) flowers put together in a beautiful way
The flower arrangement was made of roses.
|bouquet||(n) a group of flowers arranged together; given as a gift
She received a bouquet of roses from her husband
|vase||(n) a container for holding flowers; usually made of glass
The vase is filled with beautiful flowers.
|wreath||(n) a ring made of flowers and leaves or evergreens
The bride wore a wreath of flowers on her head.
|flower pot||(n) a container to grow plants and flowers in
She bought a flower pot to grow plants in.
|delivery||(n) the act of having something delivered to a home or buildings
He bought a bouquet of roses for delivery.
|pickup||(n) the act of picking something or someone up
We ordered Chinese food for pickup.
|special occasion||(adj + n) an important event like a birthday or anniversary
A wedding is a special occasion.
|dozen||(n) a dozen equals 12
He bought a dozen of roses for his wife.
Use the following questions as a guideline to form an interesting conversation with your tutor. Feel free to diverge from these suggestions if anything interesting comes up.
- What are your favorite flowers? Why?
- When was the last time you gave or received flowers? Why?
- What are some flowers that grow in your country?
- Do you have flowers planted outside your home? Why or why not?
- What are some special occasions when people buy flowers?
- Do you have a lot of flower shops in your city?
- Would you like to work in a flower shop? Why or why not?
- Why do people like flowers?
- Are flowers expensive to buy in your country?
- Have you ever had flowers delivered to your home? If yes, what was the special occasion?