Repeat after the tutor.
- I am driving a sports car.
- I am doing something.
- She is wearing a red shirt.
- We are watching a TV drama.
- I am not working.
- My car is not moving.
- Tiffany is not doing her homework.
- Are you crying now?
- Are they staying in New York?
- Is he bothering you?
- I am eating chicken now.
- He is helping her mother.
- We are playing together.
- He is cooking something.
- They are dancing on the stage.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|wear||(v) to use or have (something) as clothing : to have (a shirt, pants, etc.) over part of your body
e.g. He was wearing blue jeans.
|watch||(v) to look at (someone or something) for an amount of time and pay attention to what is happening
e.g. I’m watching the game to see who wins.
|see||(v) to notice or become aware of (someone or something) by using your eyes
e.g. Please see who’s knocking at the door.
|onstage||(adv) on or onto a stage and in front of an audience
e.g. She performed onstage infront of the audience.
|boil||(v) to become so hot that bubbles are formed in a liquid and rise to the top
e.g. She is boiling water to make some tea.
|think||(v) to believe that something is true, that a particular situation exists, that something will happen, etc.
e.g. I’m thinking of going to the beach this weekend.
|help||(v) to do something that makes it easier for someone to do a job, to deal with a problem, etc. : to aid or assist someone
e.g. I was helping my friend with her homework last night.
|walk||(v) to move with your legs at a speed that is slower than running
e.g. I was walking my dog in the park.
|mindful||(adj) aware of something that may be important
e.g. You should be mindful of the weather before going outside.
|cook||(v) to prepare (food) for eating especially by using heat
e.g. Tonight I am cooking pasta for my meal.
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- not/ she / working / is / .
- reading / is / he / a magazine / ?
- about / I / am / thinking / you / .
- are / this concert / not / we / enjoying / .
- with / she / is / you / walking / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She will helping her mother.
- I am eating chicken yesterday.
- Kenny does not using your computer.
- Will you playing a game?
- Did they working now?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are you doing now?
- What are your parents doing now?
- What is your sister/brother doing?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe your surrounding now. What are people doing?
- What is happening in your country now?