Repeat after the tutor.
- I lied to my best friend.
- She called me yesterday.
- We woke up early.
- He dumped his garbage.
- I didn’t like my pictures.
- She didn’t work yesterday.
- They didn’t hire my friend.
- Did you steal my wallet?
- Did she buy a smartphone?
- Did they follow you?
- I finished my work.
- They raised me.
- He left his job yesterday.
- He moved to New York.
- We built a house in California.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|pass out||(v) to become unconscious
e.g. Today someone passed out in class.
|get married||(v) to have a wedding
e.g. My sister is going to get married today.
|lie||(v) to say or write something that is not true in order to deceive someone; to tell a lie
e.g. I lied to you about how many cookies I ate.
|hire||(v) to give work or a job to (someone) in exchange for wages or a salary
e.g. She was hired for the job.
|steal||(v) to take (something that does not belong to you) in a way that is wrong or illegal
e.g. She tried to steal the purse but got caught.
|build||(v) to make (something) by putting together parts or materials
e.g. They built a new house to live in.
|sell||(v) to exchange (something) for money
e.g. She decided to sell her bike for $100.
|graduate||(v) to earn a degree or diploma from a school, college, or university
e.g. He graduated from university last year.
|move to~||(v) to go to a different place to live
e.g. I decided to move to England.
|agree||(v) to have the same opinion
e.g. I agreed that this food tastes really good.
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- Australia / left / they / yesterday / .
- last year / graduated / I / .
- a lot of / drank / water / we / .
- with / my father / I / agree / didn’t / .
- he / last night / did / snore / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She leaves Canada in 2002.
- I didn’t known his name.
- They didn’t likes my idea.
- She didn’t help us tomorrow.
- Did they hired Colin?
- Answer the following questions.
- What did you do last night?
- What did you do this morning?
- What did you do last year?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What did you do last year? Tell your story!
- When did your parents meet? Describe their story.