Repeat after the tutor.
- I was driving a Porsche.
- I was doing something.
- She was wearing a white dress.
- We were watching a movie.
- I was not sleeping.
- The dog was not moving.
- Danny was not writing his essay.
- Were you crying?
- Was she dancing at a party?
- Were they helping you?
- I was driving.
- She was eating an ice cream.
- He was working with me.
- It was moving fast.
- They were dancing in the room.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(v) to move or take (something) away from a place
||(v) to direct your eyes in a particular direction
||(v) to say words in order to express your thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc., to someone
||(v) something you say or write when someone asks you a question
||(idiom) to listen to, watch, or consider something or someone very carefully
|Hold one’s breath
||(idiom) to stop breathing for a short period, on purpose
||(v) to lose or release blood because of a cut, injury, etc.
||(v) to be on fire or to feel heat as if on fire; (n) an injury caused by exposure to heat or flame
||(v) something or someone that produces an effect, result, or condition
||(n) the physical feeling caused by disease, injury, or something that hurts the body; mental or emotional suffering
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- was / I / driving
- dancing / they / in the room / were
- about /I / thinking / was / you
- we / not / together / studying / were
- doing / were / something / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She were eating an ice cream.
- Sue and Alice was singing.
- I was not look at you.
- Was they eating pizza?
- Was Jenny help you?
- Answer the following questions.
- What were you doing right before your Cambly lesson?
- What was your friend doing this morning?
- Were you sleeping at 1AM last night?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe last night. What were you doing?
- Describe a fun party you went to. What were you doing there?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.