Repeat after the tutor.
- I am going to call you at 6:30.
- I am going to buy this car in May.
- She is going to sell her house.
- We are going to stay here.
- He is going to move to Boston soon.
- I am not going to study today.
- She is not going to buy these pants.
- Ella is not going to live in Canada.
- Are you going to eat this bread?
- Is he going to wash his car today?
- I am going to visit my mother today.
- I am going to send this letter to her.
- I am going to find a new job.
- They are going to fire Jake soon.
- He is going to go grocery shopping.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(v) to dismiss (someone) from a job
||(v) to leave (a job, school, career, etc.); to stop or give up
|Pick someone up
||(idiom) to stop one’s car, bus, etc., and offer someone a ride
||(v) to ask (someone) to go somewhere or do something
||(idiom) to request or demand something
||(n/v) an act of politely or formally asking for something
||(n/v) to suddenly force air out through your nose and mouth with a usually loud noise because your body is reacting to dust, a sickness, etc.
||(v) to arrange and plan (an event or activity)
||(idiom) to get someone or something clean
||(v) to mention (something) as a possible thing to be done, used, thought about, etc.
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- a new job / I / find / am going to / .
- go / she / is going to / shopping / .
- us / he / visit / is not going to / today / .
- Florida / going to / are / you / next year / move to / ?
- invite / she / is / going to / Jerry / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am going send this letter to her.
- He is going to quitting his job tomorrow.
- Jeremy are going to pick me up.
- Are you to go home soon?
- We are going not to exercise today.
- Answer the following questions.
- What are you going to do tonight?
- What are you going to do this weekend?
- What is your plan for next year?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe your goals for this month.
- Describe your vacation plan this year.
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.