Repeat after the tutor.
- I am going to call you at 6:30.
- I am going to buy this car in May.
- She is going to sell her house.
- We are going to stay here.
- He is going to move to Boston soon.
- I am not going to study today.
- She is not going to buy these pants.
- Ella is not going to live in Canada.
- Are you going to eat this bread?
- Is he going to wash his car today?
- I am going to visit my mother today.
- I am going to send this letter to her.
- I am going to find a new job.
- They are going to fire Jake soon.
- He is going to go grocery shopping.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|fire someone||(v) to dismiss (someone) from a job
e.g. I am going to fire someone today at work.
|quit||(v) to leave (a job, school, career, etc.); to stop or give up
e.g. I am quitting my job today.
|pick someone up||(idiom) to stop one’s car, bus, etc., and offer someone a ride
e.g. I am going to pick someone up on my way to school.
|invite||(v) to ask (someone) to go somewhere or do something
e.g. I am going to invite her to the party tonight.
|push for||(idiom) to request or demand something
e.g. I am going to push for getting a new microwave at the meeting today.
|request||(n/v) an act of politely or formally asking for something
e.g. She is going to request for someone to pick her up tomorrow.
|sneeze||(n/v) to suddenly force air out through your nose and mouth with a usually loud noise because your body is reacting to dust, a sickness, etc.
e.g. I am going to sneeze because of all this dust.
|organize||(v) to arrange and plan (an event or activity)
e.g. He is going to organize the dance at school next week.
|clean up||(idiom) to get someone or something clean
e.g. I am going to clean up now because you dropped all the pencils.
|suggest||(v) to mention (something) as a possible thing to be done, used, thought about, etc.
e.g. She is going to have to suggest the restaurant to go to for lunch.
Go over the following exercise with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- a new job / I / find / am going to / .
- go / she / is going to / shopping / .
- us / he / visit / is not going to / today / .
- Florida / going to / are / you / next year / move to / ?
- invite / she / is / going to / Jerry / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am going send this letter to her.
- He is going to quitting his job tomorrow.
- Jeremy are going to pick me up.
- Are you to go home soon?
- We are going not to exercise today.
- Answer the following questions.
- What are you going to do tonight?
- What are you going to do this weekend?
- What is your plan for next year?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe your goals for this month.
- Describe your vacation plan this year.