Repeat after the tutor.
- It’s Saturday.
- It’s March 10th today.
- It’s 5:30 now.
- It was chilly yesterday.
- It was only 10 miles.
- It was dark outside.
- It’s raining in Seoul.
- It was snowing in Canada.
- Is it Christmas tomorrow?
- Was it hot in the room?
- It’s snowing now.
- It’s 5:30 in New York.
- It’s Monday today.
- It’s 100 miles.
- It’s bright outside.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(adj) noticeably cold
||(adj) having very little or no light
||(adj) producing a lot of light
||(adj) somewhat hot : not cool or cold
||(adj) an inner side, edge, or surface of something — usually singular
||(n) the day before Christmas : December 24
||(adv) before this time : before now
||(adj) having many clouds in the sky
||(adj) having no or very little water or liquid
||(adj) having a lot of moisture in the air
Go over the following exercises with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- it’s / New York / in / 5:30 / .
- warm / not / it’s / here / .
- in / it / doesn’t / San Diego / rain / .
- is / 6 / it / already / ?
- hot / is / it / inside / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- It were bright outside.
- It has raining in London.
- It snows yesterday.
- It snow in Alaska every year.
- Was it rain yesterday?
- Answer the following questions.
- Describe the weather today.
- Describe the room condition.
- Describe where the nearest school is.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe an average summer in your country.
- What is a good neighbor?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.