Repeat after the tutor.
- It’s Saturday.
- It’s March 10th today.
- It’s 5:30 now.
- It was chilly yesterday.
- It was only 10 miles.
- It was dark outside.
- It’s raining in Cleaveland.
- It was snowing in Canada.
- Is it Christmas tomorrow?
- Was it hot in the room?
- It’s snowing now.
- It’s 5:30 in New York.
- It’s already Monday.
- It’s 100 miles away.
- It’s bright outside.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|chilly||(adj) noticeably cold
e.g. It’s chilly outside.
|dark||(adj) having very little or no light
e.g. It’s very dark in this room.
|bright||(adj) producing a lot of light
e.g. It’s bright in here with the light on.
|warm||(adj) somewhat hot; not cool or cold
e.g. It’s very warm in Florida.
|inside||(adj) an inner side, edge, or surface of something — usually singular
e.g. The event is inside the stadium.
|Christmas Eve||(n) the day before Christmas (December 24)
e.g. It’s Christmas Eve today.
|already||(adv) before this time; before now
e.g. It’s already snowing outside.
|cloudy||(adj) having many clouds in the sky
e.g. It’s cloudy outside today.
|dry||(adj) having no or very little water or liquid
e.g. It’s very dry without the sauce.
|humid||(adj) having a lot of moisture in the air
e.g. It’s humid right now.
Go over the following exercises with your tutor.
- Make a sentence.
- it’s / New York / in / 5:30 / .
- warm / not / it’s / here / .
- in / it / doesn’t / San Diego / usually / rain / .
- is / 6 / it / already / ?
- hot / is / it / inside / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- It were bright outside.
- It has raining in London.
- It snows yesterday.
- It snow in Alaska every year.
- Was it rain yesterday?
- Answer the following questions.
- Describe the weather today.
- Describe the room condition.
- Describe where the nearest school is.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe an average summer in your country.
- What is a good neighbor?