Repeat after the tutor.
- I tried to include Amy in our group.
- We tried to finish this project.
- She tried to lend her tools.
- I am trying to sort my laundry.
- He is trying to provide tips for learning English.
- I am not trying to ruin your party.
- We are not trying to break your computer.
- I tried not to forget.
- She is trying not to speak loudly.
- Are you trying to sell your car?
- I tried to rent that apartment.
- He tried to earn more money.
- They tried to forgive Dennis.
- She tried to complete the task quickly.
- We tried to run away from them.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Borrow||(v) to take and use (something that belongs to someone else) for a period of time before returning it|
|Lend||(v) to give (something) to (someone) to be used for a period of time and then returned|
|Rent||(v) to pay money in return for being able to use (something that belongs to someone else)|
|Run away||(idiom) to leave a place, especially secretly, in order to escape from someone or something from|
|Fix||(v) to make (something) whole or able to work properly again : to repair (something)|
|Task||(n) a piece of work that has been given to someone; a job for someone to do|
|Sort||(v/n) to separate and put (people or things) in a particular order|
|Include||(v) to contain (someone or something) in a group or as a part of something|
|Provide||(v) to make (something) available; to supply (something that is wanted or needed)|
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- tried / he / lose / to / weight / .
- I / rule / trying / to / follow / am / her / .
- understand / to / we / are / him / trying / .
- English / is / trying / she / master / to / ?
- is / not / he / fail / trying / to / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- She was tried to forgive Dennis.
- We tried to ran away from them.
- They are trying fix this problem.
- Does he trying to graduate?
- I am not trying to sleeping.
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some goals you want to accomplish this year? (use “try to V”)
- What are some habits you want to build or get rid of? (use “try to V”)
- What are some things you want to forget? (use “try to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe your new year’s resolution.
- Describe some things you want to achieve in your life.
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.