Repeat after the tutor.
- I forgot to ask you.
- We forgot to hide this box.
- She forgot to bring the file.
- I didn’t forget to close the window.
- They didn’t forget to come to my party.
- They forgot to mention her achievements.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands.
- Don’t forget to buy a gift for him.
- Don’t forget to call me later.
- Don’t forget to lock the front door!
- Did you forget my warning to protect them?
- Did Judy forget to take her umbrella?
- I forgot to bring my ID.
- I forgot to cancel your sandwich order.
- She forgot to buy socks.
- They forgot to practice this lesson.
- Kay forgot to turn off his computer.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
Vocabulary/ Expressions [[warning
||(idiom) off to make a machine or piece of electrical equipment such as a television, engine, light etc
||(v) to fasten (something) with a lock
||(n) an official document issued by the government of a country that identifies someone as a citizen of that country and that is usually necessary when entering or leaving a country
||(v) to stop doing or planning to do (something); to decide that something (such as a game, performance, etc.) will not happen
||(v) to do something again and again in order to become better at it
||(n) two pieces of bread with something (such as meat, peanut butter, etc.) between them
||(v) to keep (someone or something) from being harmed, lost, etc.
||(v) to make a choice about (something); to choose (something) after thinking about it
||(n) accomplishment; something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.
||(v) to make (someone or something) ready for some activity, purpose, use, etc.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- my / essay / prepare / to / I / forgot / .
- chapter / this / forgot / they / to / study / .
- a / cake / forget / they / to / didn’t / buy / .
- to / don’t / forget / your / passport / bring / .
- your / key / you / did / forget / bring / to / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I forget to order your coffee.
- I forgot not to go to the seminar.
- Don’t forget to call me yesterday.
- Don’t forget buying something for her.
- Did they forgot to leave a message?
- Answer the following questions.
- What did you forget to do today?
- What do you normally forget to bring in the morning?
- What are some things that you should not forget when traveling?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- In your opinion, what is the most important characteristic (for example, honesty, intelligence, a sense of humor) that a person can have to be successful in life?
- If you were asked to send one thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would you choose?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.