Repeat after the tutor.
- I am planning to visit Tokyo.
- He is planning to start a business.
- We are planning to move to California.
- I am not planning to fire him.
- They are not planning to hire anyone.
- Are you planning to meet her?
- Is he planning to work in New Jersey?
- Are they planning to attack us?
- I planned to attend the seminar.
- We planned to buy a condo in Jeju Island.
- I am planning to propose to her.
- I am planning to change my name.
- I am planning to hire more people.
- I am planning to surprise Annie.
- I am planning to wear a tuxedo tomorrow.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|phone||(n) a system that uses wires and radio signals to send people’s voices over long distances
e.g. I am planning to phone my grandparents tomorrow.
|hire||(v) to give work or a job to (someone) in exchange for wages or a salary
e.g. I am going to hire her to help me.
|fire||(v) to dismiss (someone) from a job
e.g. I was going to fire him because he was always late.
|attack||(v) to act violently against (someone or something) : to try to hurt, injure, or destroy (something or someone)
e.g. The dog tends not to attack anyone.
|island||(n) an area of land that is surrounded by water
e.g. I would like to live on an island.
|condo||(n) condominium : a room or set of rooms that is owned by the people who live there and that is part of a larger building containing other similar sets of rooms
e.g. I am planning on buying that condo.
|tuxedo||(n) a formal suit for a man
e.g. I tend to prefer tuxedos over jeans.
|retire||(v) to stop a job or career because you have reached the age when you are not allowed to work anymore or do not need or want to work anymore
e.g. I am planning on retiring next year.
|college||(n) a school in the U.S. that you go to after high school : a school that offers courses leading to a degree (such as a bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree)
e.g. I am going to attend college in 2 years in New York.
|dirt||(n) loose earth or soil
e.g. How did all this dirt get in the house?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- change / planning / I / to / my / am / name / .
- Annie / am / planning / I / surprise / .
- we / are / Germany / study / to / planning / in / .
- up / not / we / to / are / give / planning / .
- you / are / job / quit / to / your / planning / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am plan to hire more people.
- I am planning to wear a tuxedo yesterday.
- I am planning not to move yet.
- Are you planning work with him?
- Does he planning to go to college?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some things you are planning to do this year? (use “be planning to V”)
- Describe your next week’s schedule. (use “be planning to V”)
- What do you plan to wear on your wedding? (use “be planning to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What plans do you have for the next 5 years?
- What is the worst thing parents can do to their children?