Repeat after the tutor.
- I am willing to help them.
- I was willing to pay more.
- He is willing to come back to our company.
- We are willing to move to San Diego.
- I am not willing to pay $100.
- She is not willing to meet John.
- They are not willing to forgive Mr. Jackson.
- Are you willing to buy this camera?
- Is he willing to bring his car?
- Is Jenny willing to sell her earrings?
- I am willing to die for you.
- I am willing to use your service.
- I am willing to work with him.
- They are willing to sign this contract.
- She is willing to stay here.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|earrings||(n) a piece of jewelry that is worn on the ear and especially on the earlobe
e.g. Are you willing to buy new earrings?
|sign||(v) to write (your name) on something
e.g. I am willing to sign this document.
|contract||(n) a legal agreement between people, companies, etc.
e.g. They were willing to sign the contract.
|support||(v) to give help or assistance to (someone or something)
e.g. Are you willing to support this family with money?
|donate||(v) to give (money, food, clothes, etc.) in order to help a person or organization
e.g. She was not willing to donate any more of her clothes.
|teach||(v) to give lessons about (a particular subject) to a person or group
e.g. Are you willing to teach these new students?
|learn||(v) to gain knowledge or skill by studying, practicing, being taught, or experiencing something
e.g. Is everyone willing to learn a new soccer trick today?
|sacrifice||(v) to give up (something that you want to keep) especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone
e.g. She was willing to sacrifice her money to help them.
|stay||(v) to live in a place as a guest for a short period of time
e.g. Are you willing to stay here until you find a new apartment?
|invest||(v) to use money to earn more money : to use your money to purchase stock in a company, to buy property, etc., in order to make future profit
e.g. They were not willing to invest into buying a house.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- willing / I / to / am / for / die / you / .
- service / am / your / to / willing / use / I / .
- do / we / to / willing / are / anything / .
- not / willing / I / to / give / up / am / .
- money / donate / you / are / our / willing / to / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She is willing to staying here.
- She is willing show her pictures to us.
- We are willing not to support him.
- They are not willing to work yesterday.
- Are you willing to hire me?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are some secrets you are willing to share? (use “be willing to V”)
- What are some chores that you are willing to do everyday? (use “be willing to V”)
- How much are you willing to sacrifice for your loved ones? (use “be willing to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What is your favorite time of day?
- What is your idea of a dull evening?