Repeat after the tutor.
- I am about to have lunch.
- She is about to call the police.
- My son is about to go to school.
- We are about to jump.
- I was about to call you.
- She was about to play a game.
- He was about to propose to his fiancee.
- Are you about to leave?
- Are they about to cancel this show?
- Is she about to tell him the truth?
- I am about to eat something.
- She is about to go to work.
- We are about to give up everything.
- He is about to ask me something.
- They are about to leave this building.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(n) a room with a sink and toilet and usually a bathtub or shower
||(n) a woman that a man is engaged to be married to
||(n) the end of a relationship, marriage, etc.
||(v) to cause a bullet, arrow, etc., to move forward with great force from a weapon
||(v) to push (something) with strong or steady force
||(v) to suddenly force air out through your nose and mouth with a usually loud noise because your body is reacting to dust, a sickness, etc.
||(v) to move your hand, a bat, etc., quickly so that it touches someone or something in a forceful or violent way
||(v) to separate (something) into parts or pieces often in a sudden and forceful or violent way
||(v) to cause (something) to no longer be covered, sealed, or blocked
||(v) a specific request asking a company to supply goods or products to a customer
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- about / everything / we / give / up / to / are / .
- to / we / about / get / are / married / .
- the / open / was / she / about / to / window / .
- press / was / button / he / about / the / to / .
- business / a / about / you / are / start / to / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- She is about going to work.
- He is about to me ask something.
- They are about to broke up.
- you about to sing this song?
- Are you about to start a business?
- Answer the following questions.
- What were you about to do before the lesson? (use “be about to V-ing”)
- What was the girl outside about to do? (use “be about to V-ing”)
- What were the puppies about to do? (use “be about to V-ing”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university?
- What is something you are optimistic about?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.