Repeat after the tutor.
- I want you to wake me up at 9.
- I want him to call me soon.
- She wants you to call her now.
- They want me to fix this printer.
- I don’t want you to go.
- I don’t want them to quit.
- He doesn’t want me to work.
- Do you want me to follow you?
- Do you want her to email you?
- Do they want you to work tonight?
- I want you to kiss me.
- I want you to stay here.
- I want you to hold my hands.
- I want her to find me.
- I want my boyfriend to apologize to me.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
||(v) to make (something) whole or able to work properly again : to repair (something)
||(v) to go or come after or behind (someone or something)
||(v) to have or keep (something) in your hand, arms, etc.
||(v) to suck the smoke from a cigarette, cigar, pipe, etc., into your mouth and lungs and then exhale it
||(v) to reach the end of (something) : to stop doing (something) because it is completed
||(v) to return to a particular place or person
||(v) to use your voice to make musical sounds in the form of a song or tune
||(v) to stay in a place until an expected event happens, until someone arrives, until it is your turn to do something, etc.
||(n) a business organization that makes, buys, or sells goods or provides services in exchange for money
||(n) a man that someone is having a romantic or sexual relationship with
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / want / I / stay / to / here / .
- find / I / her / to / want / me / .
- to / wants / my / this / boss / me / finish / work / .
- you / want / do / help / you / me / to / ?
- you / do / to / want / desk / him / this / move / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I want to you hold my hands.
- He want me to drive.
- My teacher wants for me to read this book.
- I want them not to run away.
- Do he want me to visit him?
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you want me to do? (use “want O to V”)
- What do your parents want you to become? (use “want O to V”)
- Describe your dream house. What do you want it to be like? (use “want O to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?
- What is your most indispensable possession and why?
Go over any new expressions or vocabulary that you learned today.