Repeat after the tutor.
- I want you to wake me up at 9.
- I want him to call me soon.
- She wants you to call her now.
- They want me to fix this printer.
- I don’t want you to go.
- I don’t want them to quit.
- He doesn’t want me to work.
- Do you want me to follow you?
- Do you want her to email you?
- Do they want you to work tonight?
- I want you to calculate the bill for me.
- I want you to stay here.
- I want you to hold this pen.
- I want her to find me.
- I want my friend to apologize to me.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|chair||(n) a seat for one person that has a back and usually four legs
e.g. Do you want to sit down on this chair?
|follow||(v) to go or come after or behind (someone or something)
e.g. I want to follow you because I am lost.
|hold||(v) to have or keep (something) in your hand, arms, etc.
e.g. She wants to hold the flowers.
|book||(n) a set of printed sheets of paper that are held together inside a cover
e.g. I want to read this book.
|printer||(n) a machine that is used for printing documents, photographs, etc.
e.g. I want you to fix my printer.
|come back||(v) to return to a particular place or person
e.g. He wants him to come back to school.
|sing||(v) to use your voice to make musical sounds in the form of a song or tune
e.g. Do you want to sing at the concert tonight?
|wait||(v) to stay in a place until an expected event happens, until someone arrives, until it is your turn to do something, etc.
e.g. I want you to wait here until I’m done.
|company||(n) a business organization that makes, buys, or sells goods or provides services in exchange for money
e.g. He wants to start his own company that sells books.
|calculate||(v) to get a general idea about the value, size, or cost of (something)
e.g. We need to calculate our chances of success before we invest more money in the business.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / want / I / stay / to / here / .
- find / I / her / to / want / me / .
- to / wants / my / this / boss / me / finish / work / .
- you / want / do / help / you / me / to / ?
- you / do / to / want / desk / him / this / move / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I want to you hold me book for me.
- He want me to drive.
- My teacher wants for me to read this book.
- I want them not to run away.
- Do he want me to visit him?
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you want me to do? (use “want O to V”)
- What do your parents want you to become? (use “want O to V”)
- Describe your dream house. What do you want it to be like? (use “want O to V”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph (5-10 sentences).
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?
- What is your most indispensable possession and why?