Repeat after the tutor.
- I hope you pass the test.
- I hope you succeed in your life.
- I hope he doesn’t quit.
- I hope you enjoyed the show.
- I hope you deleted the file.
- We hope the test is easy.
- We hope she is your type.
- We hope we are not late.
- We hope your trip was fun.
- We hope it was a good experience.
- I hope you like this concert.
- I hope she likes me.
- I hope they hire me.
- I hope you are happy.
- I hope she is cute.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Cheap||(adj) not costing a lot of money|
|Confess||(v) to admit that you did something wrong or illegal|
|Make a mistake||(idiom) do something that is not correct : a wrong action, statement, or judgment|
|Get along/on||(v) like each other
e.g. I was surprised how well my new girlfriend and my sister got along/on.
|Get back at sby||(v) retaliate, take revenge
e.g. My sister got back at me for stealing her shoes. She stole my favourite hat.
|Get over sthg||(v) overcome a problem
e.g. The company will have to close if it can’t get over the new regulations.
|Get round to sthg||(v) finally find time to do (AmE: get around to sthg)
e.g. I don’t know when I am going to get round to writing the thank you cards.
|Get together||(v) meet (usually for social reasons)
e.g. Let’s get together for a BBQ this weekend.
|Get on sthg||(v) step onto a vehicle
e.g. We’re going to freeze out here if you don’t let us get on the bus.
|Get back into sthg||(v) become interested in sthg again
e.g. I finally got back into my novel and finished it.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- she / hope / me / likes / I / .
- I / happy / hope / are / you / .
- hope / we / our / love / you / service / .
- mistake / don’t / I / a / hope / you / make / .
- are / we / not / you / angry / hope / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I hope they hiring me.
- We hope she enjoy this show.
- I hoped you don’t come back.
- I hope not they are busy.
- We hope you don’t forgot.
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you hope to see happen this year? (use “hope…”)
- What do you hope for your birthday present? (use “hope…”)
- Is there someone you hope to see? (use “hope…”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if children ruled the world?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, email, or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.