Repeat after the tutor.
- I hope you pass the test.
- I hope you succeed in your life.
- I hope he doesn’t quit.
- I hope you enjoyed the show.
- I hope you deleted the file.
- We hope the test is easy.
- We hope she is your type.
- We hope we are not late.
- We hope your trip was fun.
- We hope it was a good experience.
- I hope you like this concert.
- I hope she likes me.
- I hope they hire me.
- I hope you are happy.
- I hope she is cute.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|cheap||(adj) not costing a lot of money
e.g. I really hope the tickets are cheap.
|confess||(v) to admit that you did something wrong or illegal
e.g. Do you think she will confess she was wrong?
|make a mistake||(idiom) do something that is not correct : a wrong action, statement, or judgment
e.g. We hope you didn’t make a mistake on your test.
|get along/on||(v) like each other
e.g. I was hoping my new friend and my sister got along/on.
|get back at somebody||(v) retaliate, take revenge
e.g. My sister got back at me for stealing her shoes, she stole my favourite hat.
|delete||(v) to remove (something, such as words, pictures, or computer files) from a document, recording, computer, etc.
e.g. I hope he doesn’t delete the document.
|get around to something||(v) finally find time to do (get around to something)
e.g. I hope I am going to get around to writing the thank you cards.
|get together||(v) meet (usually for social reasons)
e.g. We hope we can get together for a BBQ this weekend.
|get on something||(v) step onto a vehicle
e.g. I hope we don’t freeze out here while we wait to get on the bus.
|get back into somthing||(v) become interested in something again
e.g. She hopes to get back into her novel and finish it.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- she / hope / me / likes / I / .
- I / happy / hope / are / you / .
- hope / we / our / love / you / service / .
- mistake / don’t / I / a / hope / you / make / .
- are / we / not / you / angry / hope / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I hope they hiring me.
- We hope she enjoy this show.
- I hoped you don’t come back.
- I hope not they are busy.
- We hope you don’t forgot.
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you hope to see happen this year? (use “hope…”)
- What do you hope for your birthday present? (use “hope…”)
- Is there someone you hope to see? (use “hope…”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What would happen if children ruled the world?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, email, or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.