Repeat after the tutor.
- Thank God I am not alone.
- Thank God you are here.
- Thank God we don’t have a problem.
- Thank God your brother has money.
- Thank God she didn’t find out.
- Thank God he left early.
- Thank God it was not your mistake.
- Thank God we are learning English.
- Thank God you are working.
- Thank God I am not working with John.
- Thank God you are my friend.
- Thank God you are okay.
- Thank God she is cute.
- Thank God my friend is cool.
- Thank God today is Friday.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|calm down||(idiom) relax after being angry
e.g. Thank God he was able to calm down.
|catch up||(idiom) get to the same point as somebody else
e.g. Thank God she could run fast so she could catch up with Marty.
|check in||(idiom) arrive and register at a hotel or airport
e.g. Thank God we can get the hotel keys when we check in.
|knit||(v) to make (a piece of clothing) from yarn or thread by using long needles or a special machine
e.g. Thank God she was learning to knit.
|cut back on something||(idiom) consume less
e.g. My doctor wants me to cut back on sweets and fatty foods.
|bowl||(n) a round container that has tall, curving sides and that is used for preparing or serving foods and liquids
e.g. Thank God I didn’t drop my bowl of soup.
|hang on||(idiom) wait a short time (informal)
e.g. Hang on while I grab my coat and shoes!
|miss something||(v) to fail to do, take, make, or have (something)
e.g. The driver was so distracted that he missed the turn.
|hang up||(idiom) end a phone call
e.g. He didn’t say goodbye before he hung up the phone.
|blanket||(idiom) a covering made of cloth that is used especially on a bed to keep you warm
e.g. You might need a blanket tonight, it is cold.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / thank / my / God / friend / are / .
- thank / friend / cool / my / is / God / .
- umbrella / I / thank / an / God / have / .
- the / God / was / thank / test / easy / .
- thank / marry / Andy / didn’t / God / her / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Thank God today is on Friday.
- Thank God I’m not a animal.
- Thank God Donna is not at Korea.
- Thank God you helped for me yesterday.
- Thank God they didn’t found us.
- Answer the following questions.
- You didn’t miss the train. What do you say? (use “thank God..”)
- Do you work? Are you happy about it? (use “thank God..”)
- Do you like living in your country? Why? (use “thank God..”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What makes you feel safe?
- Would you like to be famous? Why or why not? What would you like to be famous for?