Repeat after the tutor.
- Thank god I am not alone.
- Thank god you are here.
- Thank god we don’t have a problem.
- Thank god your brother has money.
- Thank god she didn’t find out.
- Thank god he left early.
- Thank god it was not your mistake.
- Thank god we are learning English.
- Thank god you are working.
- Thank god I am not working with John.
- Thank god you are my friend.
- Thank god you are okay.
- Thank god she is cute.
- Thank god my girlfriend is cool.
- Thank god today is Friday.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|calm down||(idiom) relax after being angry
e.g. You are still mad. You need to calm down before you drive the car.
|catch up||(idiom) get to the same point as sby else
e.g. You’ll have to run faster than that if you want to catch up with Marty.
|check in||(idiom) arrive and register at a hotel or airport
e.g. We will get the hotel keys when we check in.
|come forward||(idiom) volunteer for a task or to give evidence
e.g. The woman came forward with her husband’s finger prints.
|cut back on sthg||(idiom) consume less
e.g. My doctor wants me to cut back on sweets and fatty foods.
|hang in||(idiom) stay positive (informal)
e.g. Hang in there. I’m sure you’ll find a job very soon.
|hang on||(idiom) wait a short time (informal)
e.g. Hang on while I grab my coat and shoes!
|hang out||(idiom) spend time relaxing (informal)
e.g. Instead of going to the party we are just going to hang out at my place.
|hang up||(idiom) end a phone call
e.g. He didn’t say goodbye before he hung up.
|hold onto sby/ sthg||(idiom) hold firmly using your hands or arms
e.g. Hold onto your hat because it’s very windy outside.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- you / thank / my / god / friend / are / .
- thank / girlfriend / cool / my / is / god / .
- umbrella / I / thank / an / god / have / .
- the / god / was / thank / test / easy / .
- thank / marry / Andy / didn’t / god / her / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- Thank god today is on Friday.
- Thank god I’m not a animal.
- Thank god Donna is not at Korea.
- Thank god you helped for me yesterday.
- Thank god they didn’t found us.
- Answer the following questions.
- You didn’t miss the train. What do you say? (use “thank god..”)
- Do you work? Are you happy about it? (use “thank god..”)
- Do you like living in your country? Why? (use “thank god..”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What makes you feel safe?
- Would you like to be famous? Why or why not? What would you like to be famous for?