Repeat after the tutor.
- I am so selfish (that) no one likes me.
- He is so gentle (that) everyone loves him.
- James was so upset (that) he left our company.
- We were so depressed (that) we cancelled the meeting.
- It is so easy (that) anyone can solve it.
- She is so tall (that) she can be a model.
- We are so busy (that) we can’t hang out.
- Tom is so sensitive (that) I can’t touch him.
- He was so smart (that) he could understand everything.
- I was so sick (that) I couldn’t walk.
- I am so smart (that) I study English.
- I am so kind (that) everyone likes me.
- I am so skinny (that) she doesn’t like me.
- She is so strong (that) she can move this box.
- He is so weak (that) he can’t walk.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|natural||(adj) existing in nature and not made or caused by people : coming from nature
e.g. Those trees were so tall and big that they had to be natural.
|dump||(v) to leave or get rid of (something or someone) quickly or without concern
e.g. They were so tired that they dumped their friends at the party and went home.
|crispy||(adj) pleasantly thin, dry, and easily broken
e.g. Those crackers were so crispy that they made a loud crunch when I bit them.
|depressed||(adj) feeling sad
e.g. She was so depressed that she stayed home.
|pinch||(v) to squeeze (someone’s skin) between your thumb and finger often in a painful way
e.g. My little brother is so mean that he tried to pinch me.
|expert||(n) a person who has special skill or knowledge relating to a particular subject
e.g. He was so smart with computers that he was considered an expert.
|bargain for||(phrasal verb) to expect or plan on (something)
e.g. That car was so cheap that it was more than we bargained for.
|quiet||(adj) making very little noise
e.g. He was so quiet that I couldn’t even hear him.
|sunny||(adj) having plenty of bright sunlight
e.g. It was so sunny outside that it hurt my eyes.
|ignore||(v) to refuse to show that you hear or see (something or someone)
e.g. He was so rude that he ignored me when I was talking.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- so / (that) / he / walk / weak / he / can’t / is / .
- master / is / anyone / so / English / can / easy / (that) / it / .
- was / I / screamed / happy / (that) / so / I / .
- the / lazy / she / so / (that) / she / was / missed / bus / .
- it / was / so / laughed / (that) / I / funny / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am so smart (that) everyone like me.
- She is so strong (that) she can moves this box.
- He is so cool (that) my friends like he.
- I was so sad (that) I cry.
- I was so excited (that) I called to them.
- Answer the following questions.
- What is so fun that you love to do it?
- What is something that happened that was so funny so you had to laugh?
- What is so delicious that you want to eat it everyday?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What’s the most time you’ve ever spent apart from your favorite person? Tell us about it.
- Take the first sentence from your favorite book and make it the first sentence of your writing.