Repeat after the tutor.
- I am so selfish (that) no one likes me.
- He is so gentle (that) women love him.
- James was so upset (that) he left our company.
- We were so depressed (that) we cancelled the meeting.
- It is so easy (that) anyone can solve it.
- She is so tall (that) she can be a model.
- We are so busy (that) we can’t hang out.
- Tom is so sensitive (that) I can’t touch him.
- He was so smart (that) he could understand everything.
- I was so sick (that) I couldn’t walk.
- I am so smart (that) I study English.
- I am so cute (that) everyone likes me.
- I am so skinny (that) she doesn’t like me.
- She is so strong (that) she can move this box.
- He is so weak (that) he can’t walk.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|stare||(v) to look at someone or something for a long time often with your eyes wide open
e.g. She stared out the window.
|dump||(v) to leave or get rid of (something or someone) quickly or without concern
e.g. They dumped [=left] their friends at the party and went home.
|crispy||(ad) pleasantly thin, dry, and easily broken
e.g. crispy [=crisp] crackers
|scream||(v) to suddenly cry out in a loud and high voice because of pain, surprise, etc.
e.g. She screamed when the door suddenly slammed shut.
|pinch||(v) to squeeze (someone’s skin) between your thumb and finger often in a painful way
e.g. My little brother is always trying to pinch me.
|Bargain away||(phrasal verb) to lose or give up (something) as part of an agreement
e.g. The employees on strike are concerned that the union will bargain away wage increases for other less desirable benefits.
|Bargain for||(phrasal verb) to expect or plan on (something)
e.g. The Internet service is better than what we bargained for.
|Bash away||(phrasal verb) to work hard at something
e.g. The children are bashing away [=(US) banging away] at their homework.
|Bash out||(phrasal verb) to produce (something) quickly
e.g. He bashed out [=banged out] an angry letter to the editor.
|Bash up||(v) to attack (someone)
e.g. A group of older girls bashed up [=beat up] the sisters.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- so / (that) / he / walk / weak / he / can’t / is / .
- master / is / anyone / so / English / can / easy / (that) / it / .
- was / I / screamed / happy / (that) / so / I / .
- the / lazy / she / so / (that) / she / was / missed / bus / .
- it / was / so / laughed / (that) / I / funny / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am so cute (that) everyone like me.
- She is so strong (that) she can moves this box.
- He is so cool (that) my friends like he.
- I was so sad (that) I cry.
- I was so excited (that) I called to them.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What’s the most time you’ve ever spent apart from your favorite person? Tell us about it.
- Take the first sentence from your favorite book and make it the first sentence of your post.