Repeat after the tutor.
- We should help poor children.
- You should quit eating too much pizza.
- He should start his own business.
- They should pay for your service.
- You should come to my birthday party.
- You shouldn’t forget to turn off the oven.
- We shouldn’t ignore his warning.
- I shouldn’t forget Emily’s birthday.
- Should I lie to her?
- Should we go to bed now?
- I should go.
- I should try again.
- I should leave soon.
- You should ask him.
- You should lose weight.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|leave behind||(v) to increase the distance by which you are ahead of someone or something
e.g. You should not leave me behind on our hike.
|global||(adj) involving the entire world
e.g. Do you think we should make our company global?
|local||(adj) relating to a particular neighborhood, for example, where you currently are
e.g. Do you think we should buy local produce?
|general||(adj) involving or including many or most people
e.g. We should get everyone’s general opinion.
|gain||(v) to get (something wanted or valued)
e.g. You should gain more skills if you practice harder.
|bring forward||(phrasal verb) to talk about or show (something) so that it can be seen or discussed by others
e.g. The police should have brought new evidence forward.
|bring in||(phrasal verb) to cause (someone) to become involved in a process, activity, etc.
e.g. The company should bring in outside experts to help on the project.
|bring on||(phrasal verb) to cause (something) to appear or occur
e.g. The crisis should not be brought on by many factors.
|bring out||(phrasal verb) to show (something) : to cause (something) to appear or to be more easily seen
e.g. The debate should bring out the differences between the two candidates.
|bring up||(phrasal verb) To raise (a child) to take care of and teach (a child who is growing up)
e.g. Do you think she should bring up the children by herself?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- I / go / should / .
- weight / should / lose / you / .
- should / quit / we / running/ .
- I / give / easily / up / shouldn’t / .
- buy / now / we / a / house / should / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I should to try again.
- you should ask to him.
- He should work hardly.
- I don’t should like again.
- Should we drinking beer tonight?
- Answer the following questions.
- Should you try something new? Think of 3 things. (use “I should try”)
- Is there anything you should quit doing? Think of 2 things. (use “I should quit”)
- What shouldn’t you ever forget to do? Think of 3 things. (use “I shouldn’t”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Burnt: Remember yesterday, when your home was on fire and you got to save five items? That means you left a lot of stuff behind. What are the things you wish you could have taken, but had to leave behind?
- Think global, act local: “Think global, act local.” Write a post connecting a global issue to a personal one.