Repeat after the tutor.
- I am wiser than you.
- My girlfriend is cooler than you.
- He is taller than Michael Jordan.
- This car is faster than lightening.
- This formula is more complicated than that.
- My job is more difficult than yours.
- I am not fatter than Jake.
- Are you heavier than this horse?
- I she more selfish than you?
- Am I chubbier than my girlfriend?
- I am stronger.
- I am more beautiful.
- I am cuter than you.
- I am weaker than him.
- I am smarter than them.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|dynamic||(ad) always active or changing
e.g. a dynamic city
|formula||(n) a plan or method for doing, making, or achieving something
e.g. His investment strategy is based on a simple formula.
|complicate||(v) to make (something) more difficult or less simple
e.g. Changing jobs now would complicate her life.
|selfish||(v) having or showing concern only for yourself and not for the needs or feelings of other people
e.g. She’s interested only in her own selfish concerns.
|chubby||(v) somewhat fat
e.g. He was always chubby as a child.
|Abide by||(phrasal verb) To respect or obey a decision, a law or a rule
|Account for||(phrasal verb) To explain, give a reason
|Act on||(phrasal verb) to use (something, such as a feeling or suggestion) as a reason or basis for doing something
|Act out||(phrasal verb) to behave badly especially because you are feeling painful emotions (such as fear or anger)
|Act up||(phrasal verb) to behave badly : to act in a way that is not polite or acceptable
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- I / stronger / am / .
- me / she / than / is / skinnier / .
- difficult / his / more / job / is / yours / than / .
- than / car / is / mine / slower / this / ?
- are / lazier / they / than / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am beautifuler.
- I am more cute than you.
- He is the heavier than me.
- This bag is more expensive than me.
- Are you taller of your sister?
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What talents do you have?
- What four things are most important in your life?