Repeat after the tutor.
- I am wiser than you.
- My friend is cooler than you.
- He is taller than Michael Jordan.
- This car is faster than lightning.
- This formula is more complicated than that.
- My job is more difficult than yours.
- I am not fatter than Jake.
- Are you heavier than this horse?
- I she more selfish than you?
- Am I taller than my friend?
- I am stronger.
- I am more beautiful.
- I am cuter than you.
- I am weaker than him.
- I am smarter than them.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|dynamic||(ad) always active or changing
e.g. New York is a more dynamic city than Denver.
|lightning||(n) the flashing of light followed by thunder during a storm
e.g. I’m more scared of the thunder than the lightning during a storm.
|complicate||(v) to make (something) more difficult or less simple
e.g. Do you think this method is more complicated than the other?
|fast||(v) quick motion, operation, or effect
e.g. What moves faster than my car?
|support||(v) to agree with or approve of (someone or something)
e.g. I would rather have your support than someone else’s.
|slow||(v) moving, flowing, or proceeding without speed or at less than usual speed
e.g. Are you driving slower than me?
|account for||(phrasal verb) To explain, give a reason
e.g. I hope you can account for the time you were out!
|talent||(n) a special ability that allows someone to do something well
e.g. I have no musical talent.
|average||(n) a level that is typical of a group, class, or series
e.g. His work has been above the average.
|assemble||(v) to connect or put together the parts of (something, such as a toy or machine)
e.g. I can assemble this faster than you.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- I / stronger / am / .
- me / she / than / is / skinnier / .
- difficult / his / more / job / is / yours / than / .
- than / car / is / mine / slower / this / ?
- are / lazier / they / than / you / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am beautifuler.
- I am more cute than you.
- He is the heavier than me.
- This bag is more expensive than me.
- Are you taller of your sister?
- Answer the following questions.
- Name a few foods that are better than pizza. (use “better than”)
- What are all the things that are better than being sick? (use “better than”)
- What is more expensive than a car? Think of a few examples. (use “more expensive than”)
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- What talents do you have?
- What four things are most important in your life?