Repeat after the tutor.
- I am the heaviest here.
- They are the laziest in the world.
- This Prada bag is the most expensive here.
- You are not the sexiest on this stage.
- This pen was the cheapest.
- Eunice was the oldest of them.
- Are you the tallest in this room?
- Is she the cutest of your friends?
- Am I the youngest in this club?
- Who is the strongest here?
- I am the prettiest.
- I am the most popular.
- She is the cutest.
- We are the smartest.
- This is the most expensive.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Add on||(phrasal verb) to put (something) with another thing or group of things
e.g. We’re going to add on a new garage.
|Add up||(phrasal verb) to be added together and equal the expected or correct total — usually used in negative constructions
e.g. The numbers just don’t add up.
|Add to||(phrasal verb) to make (something) larger, better, or greater
e.g. He bought another rare coin to add to his collection.
|Add up to||(phrasal verb) to have (a number) as a total
e.g. The amount of money she spends on coffee adds up to $2.75 a day.
|Answer back||(phrasal verb) somewhat informal : to reply to someone especially in a rude way
e.g. impolite children who answer back when their teacher corrects them
|Answer for||(phrasal verb) to take responsibility for (something)
e.g. I can’t answer for their safety.
|Answer someone’s prayers||(phrasal verb) to provide what someone hopes or prays for
e.g. They hoped that God would answer their prayers and restore their son’s health.
|Answer to||(phrasal verb) to be the same as (something) : to be in agreement with (something, such as a description)
e.g. The suspect answers to the description perfectly.
|Advise against||(phrasal verb) To recommend not doing something
|Agree with||(phrasal verb) To have the same opinion as someone else.
e.g. I agree with you. I think you should go as well.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- this / expensive / is / most / the / .
- of / shortest / she / the / them / is / .
- here / is / this / cheapest / the / .
- Korea / most / this / the / expensive / house / in / is / .
- difficult / test / is / this / most / the / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am prettiest.
- I am the more popular.
- He is the weakest than us.
- This car is the fastest of the world.
- She is the most sexy in Spain.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe the worst TV commercial that you saw.
- Describe your best childhood memories.