Repeat after the tutor.
- I am the heaviest here.
- They are the laziest in the world.
- This leather bag is the most expensive here.
- You are not the best singer on this stage.
- This pen was the cheapest.
- Eunice was the oldest of them.
- Are you the tallest in this room?
- Is she the cutest of your friends?
- Am I the youngest in this room?
- Who is the strongest here?
- I am the prettiest.
- I am the most popular.
- She is the cutest.
- We are the smartest.
- This is the most expensive.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|story||(n) a description of how something happened
e.g. This is the longest story.
|add up||(phrasal verb) to be added together and equal the expected or correct total — usually used in negative constructions
e.g. This math problem is the worst because the numbers don’t add up.
|stage||(n) a raised platform in a theatre, auditorium, etc., where the performers stand
e.g. Are you the tallest on the stage?
|young||(adj) in an early stage of life, growth, or development : not yet old
e.g. Who is the youngest in the room?
|answer back||(phrasal verb) somewhat informal : to reply to someone especially in a rude way
e.g. People who answer back to the teacher are not the kindest.
|childhood||(n) the period of time when a person is a child
e.g. my childhood home
|cute||(adj) having a pleasing and usually youthful appearance
e.g. Do you think this dog is the cutest?
|difficult||(adj) not easy : requiring much work or skill to do or make
e.g. This math question is the most difficult.
|commercial||(n) an advertisement on radio or television
e.g. Is this the worst commercial you have seen?
|agree with||(phrasal verb) To have the same opinion as someone else.
e.g. Do you agree with me that I’m the strongest?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- this / expensive / is / most / the / .
- of / shortest / she / the / them / is / .
- here / is / this / cheapest / the / .
- Korea / most / this / the / expensive / house / in / is / .
- difficult / test / is / this / most / the / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- I am prettiest.
- I am the more popular.
- He is the weakest than us.
- This car is the fastest of the world.
- She is the most sexy in Spain.
- Answer the following questions.
- What are the worst things to eat?
- Who is the youngest in your family?
- What is the best movie you have watched?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe the worst TV commercial that you saw.
- Describe your best childhood memories.