Repeat after the tutor.
- This car is the same as Henry’s.
- Her shirt is the same as my sister’s.
- Their logo is the same as ours.
- His jeans are the same as mine.
- Their ideas are the same as our team’s.
- My design is not the same as yours.
- William’s favorite color is not the same as Luke’s.
- These high heels are not the same as Ms. Tate’s.
- Is this the same as your ring?
- Is your English name the same as your Arabic name?
- This is the same as mine.
- This bag is the same as hers.
- This printer is the same as ours.
- This ring is the same as mine.
- The phone is the same as hers.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|nickname||(n) a name (such as “Moose” or “Lady Bird”) that is different from your real name but is what your family, friends, etc., call you when they are talking to you or about you
e.g. The nickname he has is not the same as mine.
|opinion||(n) a belief, judgment, or way of thinking about something : what someone thinks about a particular thing
e.g. I value your opinion even if it is the same as mine.
|umbrella||(n) a device that is used for protection from the rain and sun
e.g. Is your umbrella not the same as mine?
|design||(v) to create the plans, drawings, etc., that show how (something) will be made
e.g. This design for the house is not the same as the other one.
|favorite||(adj) most liked
e.g. My favorite pizza topping is the same as yours.
|ask around||(phrasal verb) to ask many people to tell you information about someone or something
e.g. You should ask around to see if people have the same opinion as us.
|ring||(n) a piece of jewelry that is worn usually on a finger
e.g. Is the ring on your finger the same as mine?
|name||(n) a word or phrase that refers to or that can refer to a specific person
e.g. You have the same name as him.
|apply||(v) to ask formally for something (such as a job, admission to a school, a loan, etc.) usually in writing
e.g. We both applied to the same schools.
|pride||(n) a feeling that you respect yourself and deserve to be respected by other people
e.g. Being able to work again gave him his pride back.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- this / same / the / is / mine / as / .
- same / name / is / my / the / father’s / as / my / .
- hers / camera / is / same / not / the / this / as / .
- the / is / same / yours / this / as / ?
- the / printer / is / as / this / ours / same / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- This bag is the same as her.
- This ring is same as mine.
- My nickname is the same as my friend.
- This textbook not the same as mine.
- Is this umbrella as same as hers?
- Answer the following questions.
- Do you have the same name as anyone you know?
- Have you ever seen someone wearing the same shirt as you?
- Do you have the same phone as any of your friends?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Describe the perfect menu for a picnic at the beach.
- Explain the importance of pride in one’s work.