Repeat after the tutor.
- I wish I were a women.
- I wish I were Korean.
- I wish I had a Chanel bag.
- I wish I had a house and a car.
- I wish I could see you tonight.
- I wish I could buy a Louis Vuitton bag for her.
- I wish you were not my friend.
- I wish we were not poor.
- I wish you were mine.
- I wish my girlfriend had a car.
- I wish I were you.
- I wish I were younger.
- I wish I were rich.
- I wish I had a building.
- I wish I had a boyfriend.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|Clean up 1||(phrasal verb) to remove (dirt, spilled substances, etc.)
e.g. Would you mind cleaning up the spilled milk?
|Clean up 2||(phrasal verb) to make yourself clean : to wash your face and hands
e.g. I’m sure you’ll want to clean up after a full day of traveling.
|Clean up your act||(phrasal verb) to behave in a way that is more acceptable
e.g. After years of drug abuse, she finally got treatment and cleaned up her act.
|Clean out 1||(phrasal verb) to remove unwanted things from (a room, closet, etc.)
e.g. I need to clean out my purse.
|Clean out 2||(phrasal verb) to steal or take everything from (someone or something)
e.g. The thieves broke in and cleaned out the store.
|Clean out 3||(phrasal verb) to use up all or most of someone’s money
e.g. Buying the house really cleaned us out. Now we’re broke.
|Clean sweep||(phrasal verb) a victory in which one side or team wins every game, contest, etc.
e.g. The Red Sox won the series in a clean sweep.
|Clean your plate||(phrasal verb) to eat all the food on your plate
e.g. The children were not allowed to have dessert until they had cleaned their plates.
|Clear away||(phrasal verb) to remove (something) from an area or surface
e.g. Just give me a moment to clear away all these papers, then we can sit down at the table.
|Clear off||(phrasal verb) to remove things from (an area or surface)
e.g. It took her a few minutes to clear off the dinner table.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- I / were / wish / I / you / .
- I / here / you / wish / were / .
- I / could / for / I / wish / wait / you / .
- she / wish / me / could / I / help / .
- New York / wish / we / study / I / in / could / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I wish I am rich.
- I wish we have a lot of money.
- I wish I can fly.
- I wish you could come to my party.
- I wish she lives in Seoul.
- Answer the following questions.
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- VIP: Who’s the most important person in your life — and how would your day-to-day existence be different without them?
- Playlist of the week: Tell us how your week went by putting together a playlist of five songs that represent it.