Repeat after the tutor.
- I wish I were a women.
- I wish I were European.
- I wish I had a really fancy job.
- I wish I had a house and a car.
- I wish I could see you tonight.
- I wish I could buy a Louis Vuitton bag for her.
- I wish you were not my friend.
- I wish we were not poor.
- I wish you were mine.
- I wish my friend had a car.
- I wish I were you.
- I wish I were younger.
- I wish I were rich.
- I wish I had a building.
- I wish I had a dog.
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|day-to-day||(adj) taking place, made, or done in the course of days
e.g. I wish I was in charge of the day-to-day operations of the store.
|clean up||(phrasal verb) to make yourself or something clean
e.g. I wish you would clean up the mess you made.
|existence||(n) the state of existing : the state of being real
e.g. I wish you believed in the existence of ghosts.
|playlist||(n) a list of songs to be played on
e.g. I wish I had a playlist ready for the long drive.
|represent||(v) to act or speak officially for
e.g. I wish you were representing the company at the meeting.
|wishful||(adj) showing a belief that something will happen or succeed even though it is not likely to happen or succeed
e.g. She was very wishful that her friend would change her bad habits.
|prayer||(n) words spoken to God especially in order to give thanks or to ask for something
e.g. I wish you would say a prayer for me.
|yearn||(v) to feel a strong desire or wish for something or to do something
e.g. I wish you were yearning for warmer weather too.
|beg||(v) to ask (someone) in a very serious and emotional way for something needed or wanted very much
e.g. I wish she didn’t have to beg for money.
|daydream||(n) pleasant thoughts about your life or future that you have while you are awake
e.g. I wish I could daydream during class.
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- I / were / wish / I / you / .
- I / here / you / wish / were / .
- I / could / for / I / wish / wait / you / .
- she / wish / me / could / I / help / .
- New York / wish / we / study / I / in / could / .
- Correct the following sentences.
- I wish I am rich.
- I wish we have a lot of money.
- I wish I can fly.
- I wish you could come to my party.
- I wish she lives in Seoul.
- Answer the following questions.
- What do you like to daydream about?
- What are 3 things you are wishful for? (use “I wish”)
- Is there anything that you yearn for? What is it?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- VIP: Who’s the most important person in your life — and how would your day-to-day existence be different without them?
- Playlist of the week: Tell us how your week went by putting together a playlist of five songs that represent it.