Repeat after the tutor.
- Who am I supposed to contact?
- What are we supposed to wear for the party?
- Where is she supposed to see Eugene?
- When are you supposed to leave?
- Why am I supposed to follow you?
- How am I supposed to save $500?
- What are they supposed to introduce at the seminar?
- Who was he supposed to assist?
- Why were we supposed to pay taxes?
- When were you supposed to renew it?
- When are you supposed to visit Brazil?
- Who are you supposed to see now?
- Where are you supposed to go tomorrow?
- How am I supposed to fix this?
- What are you supposed to do today?
Here are some grammar tips.
Go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Use the illustration above if needed.
|dresser||(n) a piece of furniture that has drawers for storing clothes
e.g. Where were we supposed to move this dresser?
|choose sides||(phrasal verb) to divide a group into two teams that will play against each other
e.g. When are you supposed to choose sides for the soccer game?
|fantasy||(n) something that is produced by the imagination : an idea about doing something that is far removed from normal reality
e.g. Why was she supposed to write a fantasy story?
|harmless||(adj) not causing harm : unable to cause harm : not dangerous
e.g. Was that dog supposed to be harmless?
|pointless||(adj) having no meaning, purpose, or effect
e.g. Why were we supposed to do that pointless homework?
|justification||(n) an acceptable reason for doing something : something that justifies an action
e.g. How are we supposed to find justification for doing this?
|fiction||(n) written stories about people and events that are not real : literature that tells stories which are imagined by the writer
e.g. How many pages of fiction is he supposed to write?
|tale||(n) a story about imaginary events : an exciting or dramatic story
e.g. What is that tale supposed to be about?
|clam up||(phrasal verb) to refuse to speak
e.g. How am I supposed to stop clamming up when they ask me questions?
|stuck||(adj) difficult or impossible to move from a position
e.g. How am I supposed to get out of this position if I’m stuck?
Go over the following exercise with your tutors.
- Make a sentence.
- go / to / where / you / supposed / are / tomorrow / ?
- this / am / I / how / supposed / fix / to / ?
- supposed / were / where / stay / to / you / ?
- marry / supposed / is / she / who / to / ?
- they / what / are / here / arrive / supposed / to / time / ?
- Correct the following sentences.
- When are you supposed to visit to Brazil?
- Who are you supposed to do today?
- Who am I supposed to followed?
- What was they supposed to memorize?
- Where is she supposed to live in?
- Answer the following questions.
- What are you supposed to do tomorrow?
- Where are you supposed to go on the weekend?
- If you were supposed to write a fantasy, who would be the main character?
- (Homework) Write a paragraph.
- Write 10 sentences using the grammar you learned today.
- Seven days: You wake up tomorrow morning to find all your plans have been cancelled for the next seven days and $10,000 on your dresser. Tell us about your week.
- Fantasy: The Tooth Fairy (or Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus . . .) : a fun and harmless fiction, or a pointless justification for lying to children?